Sign in to follow this  
wbarclay

Battery Fill Bottle

November 2012 issue Fam. Mot. Coach p26 had mention of battery water fill bottle from O'Reilly's for about $10 that automatically fills to proper level without looking into cell. Neither my O'Reilly's or Pep Boys has such a thing. Any ideas where might find? Thanks.

I have a couple of extra fill bottles because I installed a gravity fed fill system that is plumbed to each cap with floats that indicate when its full. It has a gallon resevoir for distilled water and a shut off valve. All I do when it needs water is open the valve for a few seconds and watch the level gauge on each cap and when they are full close the valve.

Since I can't get the afore mentioned bottle to the back batteries in my tray I had to go another direction. I got a two gallon pump sprayer. I took off the nozzle and fill the bottle with distilled water, pump up the pressure and I have all the water I need to top off my batteries. Besides I don't have to keep refilling the bottle. Works for me.

Herman

dd69,

I can see into each cell but don't have the room for the bottle. I used one of these back in the 50/60 when I worked in a garage. Black rubber like material that you stuck into each cell pushed down and when you released the pressure the cell was full, that is if you kept the bottle full.

My house batteries (4 ea 6 volts) sit in a tray under the other battery tray. Even when the tray is pulled out there still isn't room on the back two batteries for the bottle. And what more I can see if I have water in the spray bottle. (opps) B)

Herman