ctcamper

Invalid Token Error On Login Using Browser Upper Right Name/pswd Fields

Not sure what browser you are using but you may be able to see a "Tools" tab. Click on that and (if Internet Explorer) the Internet Options. Then select the Browsing History Tab and delete the "Temporary Internet Files", "Cookies", "Passwords"and "History".

Then close the Windows and then Close the Browser. You will be required to re-enter your Username and Password again for all sites, but this should fix the Token Error.

Please post another note with the outcome. Another issue that has periodically come up with this site is Users who are not accessing the proper page from their Favorites.

I get the same thing if I try to sign on while on the forum page. I go to the FMCA main page and log on there and don't get the "invalid token" message.

Same with me.

I can sign on from the FMCA home page without a problem, and then go to the forum page. However, if I go to the forum page first and try to sign on, I get the "Invalid token" error.

Richard,

I tried the fix that you posted, but I still get the same results. I can sign in from the home page, but not from the forum page.

It's really not a big deal to me, I just saw the posting and thought I'd let someone know that I also had that same problem.

Try going to the following page: http://www.fmca.com/

Then click the "Sign Out" button. Then re-enter your Username and Password and click "Sign In". Now try to move around the site to make sure everything works. Then close your all browser windows and then open a new one and click on your "Favorite" Bookmark that your use to access the site and try to replicate your issue. If your continue to get the Invalid Token Error and your favorite is not directing you to http://www.fmca.com/ then it is quite possible that a change was made to the screen you are accessing that would not allow an unsolicited login to that page any longer. Either that or your computer is not properly storing the Cookie that is supposed to be stored when you log into FMCA (logging out and then back into FMCA as indicated above should send a new cookie). Your computer can have trouble storing Cookies as a result of settings on your Antivirus program.

So try the above and let us know the results. If it still fails, please copy and paste the page your Favorites is trying to open. It may not work that way for everyone...which would tend to indicate an FMCA software change as opposed to a computer or antivirus issue.

Received an email with steps to exactly replicate the problem. More to follow shortly but the iinability to sign in on the Forum Page without getting the Token Error may indicate the Username and Password Fields on the Forum Page are not configured properly, or were recently changed.

Here are the steps:

1) go to home page and Sign Out

2) Close the Browser

3) Open the browser and go to www.FMCA.com

4) Check to Make sure you are not logged in. If so, repeat the steps above

5) click on forums in menu bar

6) now on the forums page, click on "Sign In" at top in black menu bar and it takes you to error page, but there is still a prominent place to sign in and you get token error if you try.

I received this error as well. The inability to sign in directly on the Forum Page Error may indicate the Username and Password Fields on the Forum Page are not configured properly, or were recently changed.

I think its time to forward these steps to the FMCA Webmaster to correct. Brett, any idea how to do that?

tmoning,

Theoretically, once a User signs into the Community Sign In Page, and then migrates through the different pages and then closes their browser without Signing Out, wouldn't their Username and Password still be stored in their Browser so that future access to an FMCA page would always indicate the User is "Logged in", meaning the prompt they see in the upper right hand corner would be "Sign Out"

Assuming the above is correct, some users may be having to log in every session because they are not storing the cookie, properly as a result of a browser or anti-virus setting.

Thanks for your assistance.

Thank you.

The redirect works well.

I'm a little late in posting but I had been getting the error in three different browsers, whether or not I cleared all temp/history/cookies or not. All good now :)