About 1/3 of the time while leveling, in upscale campgrounds, I have to use blocks under wheels to keep my Revolution wheels on ground and level coach. Power Gear does not mention dumping air in their leveling instructions and my question is does dumping air do anything for leveling or just reduce height of coach to make it easier to get in and out.

Pmlongjr,

I always dump my air before I level my coach. I want my coach as low as possible. Also makes it easy to enter and exit coach .

P.M. Always good to dump you air ride system. It is also easier on the jacks, they do not have to be extended as far and this reduces the chase of damage and as mentioned it sure is easier to get in and out of the coach.

This also allows for more weight of the suspension to be on the tires and less on the jacks. At times we have all had to push the limits of where we feel comfortable with the leveling systems. Some are braver then I could ever be !!!

Rich.

You need to be careful if you lower the coach and the ground is unlevel side to side because if the front is on the stops and you level the rear you may tweak the body and break the windshield. I did that.

When you hit the dump button the MH should lower immediately, however it has no bearing on what it takes to get level.

Also you don't have to over extend your jacks this way. A tire off the ground does not matter just make sure your on solid ground where the unit can't slip.I would not want to be In a position where you had a rear and a front tire off the ground though.

Herman,

Thank you for the information. The coach is in for repair and I will have the dealer check the release solenoid for obstructions.

Have a great day!!

You need to be careful if you lower the coach and the ground is unlevel side to side because if the front is on the stops and you level the rear you may tweak the body and break the windshield. I did that.

Sorry about your windshield but lowering the coach would have nothing to do with twisting the body. It will twist the same with the bags inflated. I have repositioned to a different area or even a different space because the spot I was in was to uneven.

Bill

It does have everything to do with twisting the body. If the front suspension is all the way down onto the stops in the air bags and you lift on corner of the rear the body will twist. If the front end is up a little then it can tilt. I lifted the left side to change a tire and the twist was too much for the windshield. Had the front been up it would have tilted also.

I see what you are saying. Why would you lift the coach off the ground to change the tire without airing up the suspension to give you more clearance to get the tire out of the wheel well?

I don’t think I could get mine out with the bags deflated.

Bill

I just failed to air up the chassis. It doesn't make any difference if the bags are full or not, the jacks have a certain travel length which dictates how high the coach will go. If I had raised the front center jack that would have allowed the front to tilt.

I see what you are saying. Why would you lift the coach off the ground to change the tire without airing up the suspension to give you more clearance to get the tire out of the wheel well?

I don’t think I could get mine out with the bags deflated.

Bill

When the frame is lifted so the tire is off the ground the suspension is at the max travel whether there is air in the bag or not.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new coach.

The best thing is to read and follow what your coach manufacturer recommends. They all seem to want to do it differently.

Bill

RRman,

As Bill said, follow your coaches directions.

We have a Monaco Dynasty and I do the following: When I am ready to level, turn off the engine, then I dump my air. When the air is dumped, on my HWH system I press the level button twice. The unit will automatically level the coach. I then put out the slides and repeat the level sequence. When we get ready to travel, I pull in my slides, start the engine to build up the air and turn off the HWH unit. By the time my air has built up the green travel light will come on.

And then as Jackie Gleason said "AND AWAY WE GO". :)