garytenorsinger

Installing Motorized Windshield & Side Window Shades

I have a 2010 Forest River Georgetown motorhome.

I want to install motorized windshield and side window day and night shades.

I know MCD is where to go, but want to try this project myself.

Has anyone done this and what's involved?

I just recently replaced my windshield shades with MCD because the original drivers side shade had stopped working due to broken parts in the drive section and the

passenger side was making a noise I did not like. My installation was fairly simple because the wiring and control switches were already in place - all I had to do was connect

the wires. The operation of the new shades is very quiet and smooth. We are very pleased with the MCD product. We chose the Solo shade because we already have

exterior sunscreens. If you will contact Charlie Cox (972-548-1850 ccox@mcdinnovations.com )at MCD he will talk with you about your specific application - he is their

technical support person and was very helpful to me in ordering the proper size shade. The will also send fabric samples to you so you can choose colors and get an idea

of the material.

I'm currently at the MCD factory and they installed all new shades in my motorhome today. They will install the windshield shade tomorrow as when they brought it out today to install the size they measured, it was off by 1/2 inch, so they are constructing a new one. I watched the installation and it is definitely a do it your self project, but you would need to take your time & be patient. They have all the correct tools (right angled drill/screw bits, extended length drill/screw bits, etc) that make the job much easier. You also need to be very limber to access some of angles needed to remove/install the shade. After watching them twist & turn their bodies, I knew I would be sore for a week. The windshield shade installation is more involved as you need to take in consideration the shape of your dash, the contour of the windshield and alignment with pillar post for effective light blocking. To me it was well worth the expense of having the shades installed by the factory, since they deal with it every day and any issues can be resolved immediately.

Mrboyer, Thanks for the info. I can't get the automotionshade.com website to respond. I have contacted them for help.

Imsooter, I just don't have the time to make the trip to Texas. I will contact MCD for assistance.

Washbob, I would love MCD to install. Just not able to make trip.