Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wayne77590

WWII Photos

In 1944, I was four years old. My father was in the South Pacific aboard the USS Gunston Hall, LSD6. Dad participated in five invasions as a driver/mechanic/gunner on a Higgins boat hauling in Marines and supplies.

I look at the pictures of these brave men invading Europe and it gives me great pride to know that these men and thousands of others were willing to place their lives on the line so that we might enjoy the freedom we enjoy every day.

I salute these brave men and thank them with all my heart for their sacrifice.

Thank you Wayne for the pictures and I thank all vets for their service to my country.

Without our vets and our service personnel putting it on the line everyday for our safety could not and would not be assured.

God bless our veterans and may God bless our service personnel and bring them home safe.

Seajay the sailor man

Those fighting and giving their lives were much like many of us that served (or are serving) in that we all had/have an agreement.

The big difference was timing.

CJ,

You were 4 in 1944?

Have you considered Euthanasia?

Guest Wayne77590

I had an uncle that was an MP on Omaha beach, directing traffic, but it was definitely not the first day. And another uncle that was in the Battle of the Bulge. He was the lone survivor of his original outfit of men that went into the Bulge. He received a Bronze Star, but I do not know what for. I just saw it on his wall in the living room of his house. He never talked about it. Both passed away in the past year or so.

Seajay, my dad wanted me to go Navy or Air Force. He was Navy. He just shook his head when I said Marines. May he rest in peace. He joined shortly after Pearl Harbor until Armistice Day.

To all veterans, past and present, Semper Fi!