LeeB7

Spell Check

Our software provider does not offer a custom spell checker.

It would be nice to have something in the text editor, rather than having to compose in a word processor program, run spell check there, and then copy to the forums.

Offhand, I'm not aware of any major forums that have a built-in spell checker that works well.

Some of the major Internet browsers, if they are up-to-date, have spell checkers built-in. With some browser versions, you have to install the addon, such as ieSpell for Internet Explorer, to add it into the browser you are using.

The Google Toolbar for IE and Firefox also offers a spell check button.

I use the Firefox browser and it checks my spelling as I type. Misspelled words will be underlined in red. It can be turned off or on under Options - Advanced.

Thanks.......... I use Firefox as well and I checked my spell check is checked........

Test Tset Hmmmmmmmmm Wednesday Wedensday Hmmmm Thursday Thrusday Hmmmm Nothing underlined

Imsooter..... this is interesting because usually when I am at other sites they are underlined...

What version of Firefox are you running? I am using 18.0 I did a Help look up and it appears that Firefox had some intermittent spell check problems with version 15 & 16.

What version of Firefox are you running? I am using 18.0 I did a Help look up and it appears that Firefox had some intermittent spell check problems with version 15 & 16.

I looked and I am running 18..... This could be one of those things I will have to live with....... Thanks for you trying to help

I don't want to change anything in my spelling. I like for you folk out there to say "I think I know what he said but I also think he has his own words". :):wub:

Herman

Ha ha ha ha........... Good point....... :blink:

To sum it up it's not FMCA forums that does the spell check it's your computer system.

I agree 100%.

However at the start of this thread I was thinking that it may be a setting that I was missing.... Not a problem I'll just watch my typing.....

I am using FF 20.0.

The " Check spelling as I type" box is checked and it works on the other 10 or so forums I visit but not this one.

I wonder why?

As I recall it has worked here in the past.

I am using FF 20.0.

The " Check spelling as I type" box is checked and it works on the other 10 or so forums I visit but not this one.

I wonder why?

As I recall it has worked here in the past.

Strange. I am now on version 21.0 and I just tried some misspelled words and it underlines in red.

On my Macbook pro it underlines my misspelled word and gives me what it thinks is correct.

I use the Macbook Pro two and it works perfectly find. :)

I use FireFox and it has a spell checker built in also - it just doesn't seem to work on this forum.