mbeschen

Keeping Track Of The Campgrounds You Have Been To

As full-timers, our list of campgrounds is mounting up.

I first started keeping the paper map that they give you upon arrival, but that's getting to bulky. I want to keep some sort of list with the basic details of all the campgrounds we stay at, so that when we pass through there again, or are talking with someone who will be, we can share our experiences with them. Has anyone come up with a good system of keeping track of their campgrounds? I've tried looking online to see if there was a software system, but I didn't see one. I would appreciate any ideas you all might have come up with!

Thanks!

I just used a spreadsheet program (in my case since I'm using an Apple computer, the program is Numbers). It's very basic, covers dates, costs, location and a notes section to comment about campground. I didn't want anything to detailed, but enough information to jog my memory.

I use Streets & Trips to document routes, campgrounds, etc, and use the text block to place information I want to document and save directly on the map for future reference.

Wow, I had never heard of Streets & Trips before ( I looked it up, it looks cool...but I have a Mac). I've been trying to reseach software that might be used for this, not made for it, but adapted to it, and I might try a journaling one. I wish I knew more about how to create an app - I sure see a need out there for this!

Wow, I had never heard of Streets & Trips before ( I looked it up, it looks cool...but I have a Mac). I've been trying to reseach software that might be used for this, not made for it, but adapted to it, and I might try a journaling one. I wish I knew more about how to create an app - I sure see a need out there for this!

Here's a discussion about streets & Trips on Mac

Good Luck,,,,

I'm not a full timer but I use Thousand Trails, NACO, LTR, Mid Atlantic. Outdoor World. When I log in I can see all of the campgrounds I've stayed in, at least for the year, which this past year has been 106 nights. I can print out for a copy. I have stayed in other campgrounds only about 5 nights.

I use M/S Excel and keep a spreadsheet with all of the pertinent information. I now have 10 years worth of trips logged this way. I also use Street Atlas USA, save my GPS tracks and place a red flag, with date, at each overnight (or longer) stop. I've been keeping this map since 1997 when I first started using the GPS. It works for me. We aren't full timers, but we have logged 150K miles in an RV since '97.