Sign in to follow this  
Drill

Looking to Buy an Airstream

I'm still looking: Latest I've come across is a 1985 32-foot Airstream motorhome with an Isuzu diesel engine for $12,500. Is this a good deal or should I run? Haven't looked at it yet.

Drill,

We would need more information to know whether this would be a good coach for you. If memory serves, this is a Chevrolet P chassis with normally aspirated Isuzu diesel. Very good engine, but very low HP. If slow speeds and not too many steep grades are in your future, may work for you.

And certainly, at that age, if you are not happy doing mechanical work, "Run, Forrest, Run".

Clearly, the body is a classic.

I went to Airstream's web site and they tell me the engine is an Isuzu 351 cu in turboed engine that puts out 151HP, and will give 14.9 mph. That may be all down hill with a tail wind.

Drill,

As Brett said, the coach is a classic. However we are still talking about a coach that is 27 years old. (Of coarse we all wish we were 27 again.) B) There are alot of things that can also be that old. The refrigerator, the generator, the air conditioner. and more. All of these thing cost to replace.

Now on the other hand if you can and enjoy working on projects it might be fun to buy and work on.

Good Luck,

Herman