Sign in to follow this  
jonrjen

Thousand Trails Meeting Questions

We have been members of Thousand Trails for a couple of years now. And are aware that they are now under a new Ownership/Management Company. Starting last fall we started receiving phone calls trying to get us to attend a meeting where we were told the purpose would be to discuss the changes to the membership program, how to make reservations and get the most out of the new system.

Well, we had a busy fall and never went to any of these invited meetings, but they call again the other evening giving the same scripted invitation to attend one of the scheduled meetings in the DFW area. My gut tells me this is simply an attempt to sell or up grade me into another program since this new O/M Company also is into time share properties, higher end resorts and condo rentals. If this is the case I would rather not waste my time to attend a sales presentation.

So if anyone can either confirm my gut feelings or tell me different I would sure appreciate the heads up.

Thanks,

We went to the meeting last Jan or Feb and yes it is a sales presentation. It was to our liking so we sprang for the deal. Basically it gave us 3 more campground systems to choose from and 3 weeks in and 0 out of the system. Reservations are 90 days out. It added Mid Atlantic, LTR, and Outdoor World. It also freezes your dues. There are some other benefits but I don't recall at the moment. We have stayed in several campgrounds in the northeast which we didn't have before. So far since our April renewal we have stayed 106 nights and are going to Pio Pico in 2 weeks.

We went to the meeting last Jan or Feb and yes it is a sales presentation. It was to our liking so we sprang for the deal. Basically it gave us 3 more campground systems to choose from and 3 weeks in and 0 out of the system. Reservations are 90 days out. It added Mid Atlantic, LTR, and Outdoor World. It also freezes your dues. There are some other benefits but I don't recall at the moment. We have stayed in several campgrounds in the northeast which we didn't have before. So far since our April renewal we have stayed 106 nights and are going to Pio Pico in 2 weeks.

Would you mind giving me an idea as to what the cost was to up grade, feel free to PM or email me as I know this information may not be of concern to others.

Thank you for the reply,

Jon

A little history of how I got into Thousand Trails. About seven years ago we went to a sales presentation at a campground in Texas. What they presented to us cost about $8000. We liked the concept but not the price. I went on ebay and found it for $99 plus the transfer fee of $750. We used it about 50-75 times a year. We found out that there are many different contracts out there as no two were alike. Ours allow 2 week stays with no 7 out, could go campground to campground all year long. We could reserve 60 days ahead. We upgraded for $4000, so our total cost of the system is less than $5000. Now with 5 campground systems and 3 week limit before we have to move, no time out of system, reservations up to 90 days ahead, frozen dues, staying some 130 days a year we felt is was a good investment for us. Like anything else it has to fit what you need, at a price you think is right, for it to work.

Sounds like I have close to what you had, except 21 days with 0 out. None of the extras other than TT and one other...don't even recall which it is. In the two plus years we have used 5 days total in a TT Reserve. Sounds like I'll skip the meeting all together,

Thank you for the assistance,

J

We hope to be able to take more advantage of our membership this year. Both the wife and I were taking care of our Mothers the last number of years with kept us close to home our of need. This last August and Oct we both lost our Mothers. Maybe will can find the time to make use of the NRV and our membership with TT.

Many TT CGs are filled with empty RVs who's owners rent the spaces annually. So when we got there all the prime sites were full of empty RVs. We let our membership expire.

Many TT CGs are filled with empty RVs who's owners rent the spaces annually. So when we got there all the prime sites were full of empty RVs. We let our membership expire.

All of the TT campgrounds we stayed in since our renewal date last April had plenty of space. We stayed 106 nights from Las Vegas to Sturbridge Ma, about 10 campgrounds. Happy with all of the campgrounds and it works for us perfect.