Sign in to follow this  
Sophia7

Best Way To Sell Our Class A Motorhome.

We are about to sell our 2004 Monarch Diplomat pdq and don't know where to start. What is best, putting it somewhere on consignment or trying to sell it on our own. And if we decide to sell it on our own where do we advertise? We would appreciate any input.....thanks.

Quite a few years ago, I needed to sell our Allegro motor home. Since I wasn't in a hurry, I took it to a consignment lot to try selling it there. If you have the time, this option may work out You let them know what you want to get out if it, and they will decide if they can ask enough for them to make some money as well.

I also tried selling it simultaneously on Ebay, and almost sold it, but the offers never got above my reserve price (what I owed on the loan).

I have also looked at and almost purchased motorhomes that were posted on Craigslist. This is a great option since it's free to list, and you will be showing it to local buyers who can come to look at the coach if they're interested. Just watch for scammers trying to send you a check for the purchase price and then the check doesn't clear.

We actually found our current motorhome by just driving by it and seeing the for sale sign in the window.

The point is, use all the different resources at your disposal. Ebay is the only one that will cost you a little bit.

Ebay. Great exposure plus buyer protection gives more confidence to the purchaser. I also offer to deliver the rig to the

Buyer for a nominal fee. By the mile only using gps estimated miles.

I have a friend who is in his 80's and has decided it is time to sell his 2008 diesel motorhome. He tried Craigslist, parking with for sale sign, advertising at local RV businesses and got some lookers but no takers. Last week I drove him to a dealer about 45 miles away who specializes in used motor homes. My friend wanted to either sell his coach to the dealer or have them sell it on consignment.

While he was talking to the dealer, I started a conversation with a couple who was shopping for the right diesel coach and had been doing so for 6 months. Long story shorter.... The couple decided to drive the 45 miles to look at the coach and bought it on the spot.

Everyone got a great deal except the dealer. I don't think dealers want you trying to steal their customers form their lots but you have to go where the RV traffic is located.