wayne77590

FMCA Membership Beginning With "I" Instead Of "F"

Wayne, I have never seen a "I" on the plaque. F= Family, S= Son, D= Daughter, L= Life and I believe there are some GS & GD for Grandson and Grand Daughter.

I think I am correct. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Herman

In the Member and Volunteer Handbook, Policy and Procedure 1018 states:

"Sons, daughters, grandchildren or parents of active or former members are entitled to request and have assigned by FMCA the original F number with the addition of an “S,” “D,” “G,” or “P,” respectively." and "Suitable special markings are incorporated on the emblems issued to Full Lifetime Members. No other special markings are to be incorporated without the written approval of the Governing Board."

Mr Boyer, You are correct about special markings, The only place to get FMCA Plates is Kelly Mold and I am assured that if the request is for something not on the approved list they would ask for approval from FMCA.

Herman

The "I" stands for introductory membership. We have businesses that pay for the first year membership for purchasing a coach. The "I" is a temporary membership number and when the member pays for the renewal they will get a new membership number starting with "F". There are other letters that stand for different things. Commercial members start with "C". Member that have sold the coach but want to retain the membership are called associate members and starts with "A".

I hope this helps answer your question.

Tammy,

Chapters have received several "Free Memberships" each year. It is my understanding that those that receive the free membership are the ones that get the temp. number.

Since this program was introduced, are there any numbers as to how many did renew and received a permanent Number?

By the way Tammy, You and all of the staff in Cincinnati are doing a wonderful job. Cudos to all.

Herman