johnf

Help! No Power To Half The AC outlets

2008 Bounder 38F Diesel Pusher.

Accidentally overloaded a GFCI run with a space heater and griddle. Power quit, went to the GFCI outlet and the light was not on, pushed the test button anyway and it clicked but would not reset and no light.

Pulled out the GFCI checked wires with meter and no power. Checked all breakers and fuses I could find all look good. I also put a meter to breakers and all seems OK. The other GFCI run is working.

Any ideas?

John

Not real knowledgeable on electrical issues but I did similiar thing last week at Quartzsite and fellow camper pointed out another set of breakers in a panel under front of my fridge..each inverter line has a breaker there and one had tripped...

Could your Bounder have same ??

John, There are 2 circuit breakers on the inverter that supply just 2 circuits. So check them out.

On the Bounder, the inverter is located passenger side in one of the back pod areas, a space heater and griddle would trip them or the input circuit.

So depending on the series inverter installed you may have to do a system rest on the inverter / charger.

Rich.

Rich,

How do you do a system rest on the inverter? Didn't find 2 circuit breakers around the inverter i'll look again.

John

If it is a Xantrex inverter, the breakers are on the front of the inverter. Once they are turned off and back on and if you still do not have power, look in the main AC Breaker panel for a tripped breaker (probably 30 amp).

John, What is the model of your Inverter / charger . If its a MS 2000- There is a reset button.

To reset the inverter:

Press and hold the Power ON/OFF push button for approximately fifteen (15) seconds until the

Charging/Inverting Status LED (see Figure 3-5) comes on and flashes rapidly; once the rapid

flashing has begun, release the Power ON/OFF push button. The Status LED will go off after the

push button is released.

Rich.

Rich,

I have a Magnum Energy Pure Sine Wave Inverter / Charger MS Series, It's either a MS 2012, MS2812 or MS624 so my manual says. I found a couple of white plastic push buttons on the side of it and according to my owners manual low and behold it says they're circuit breakers. I didn't see them before they're right next to the wall of the bay. I have not pushed them the manual makes no reference to them other than picture view. I don't know wether to push them with shore power hooked up or what?? I don't want to make matters worse. It's dark now and I'll tackle it again in the AM. Do you have any thoughts as to what sequence of events I need to perform before I push one or all of them I think theres three of them?

John

Problem resolved! It was the circuit breaker on the inverter, one push of a button and all is well.

Thank you to all who responded.

This is why I joined FMCA best money I ever spent.

Happy Trails,

John