Sign in to follow this  
MikeMarie

Interior Speakers in 2008 Melbourne 29D

There are a string of speakers that run down the middle of the ceiling in the motor home and there are also two in the bedroom. When the radio in the cab is on, these speakers are in use and controlled by the radio (fading) in the dashboard of the cab. There are also three speakers along the ceiling above the TV in the living room and two more in the couch slide. These speakers never come on and I don't know to what radio or TV they are connected. Any ideas?? There is so much to these RVs that are foreign to me that I am finding a lot that I don't know about. Thanks to those of you who have been doing this for years for your help.

Mike...

Mike, we have a new Jayco Greyhawk and the speaker system leaves me perplexed. The TV comes through the TV speakers but DVDs are played through the unit in the dash and use the speakers mounted in the ceiling. There are a ton of wires behind our TV and I have not had the time to sort them out. Upon request, however, Jayco did send me a wiring diagram. Wouldn't hurt to ask them for that.

Jim

On most new coaches the dealer does a walk around and explains everything, (That is everything he knows). It is always a good thing to carry a recorder so you can go back over what was said but you may have missed.

On most surround systems there has to be a source for input, amp and speakers. A call to the mfg. for each component might clear up confussions.

When all else fails call the coach mfg. get the engineer on the phone and ask how it works.

Herman

Mike, don't know if you have solved your speaker issue yet or not. We have a 2012 Melbourne 29D with a Jensen TV. I found out for the overhead speakers to work properly you have to set the TV to AV1. This is performed by using the TV remote on my coach.

Hope this helps