Sign in to follow this  
keylargotoo

Coach Covers: Good or Bad?

We're new to FMCA and also new to RVing. Our coach is not new, but is in excellent condition. We'd like to keep it in excellent condition. My question is should we purchase a coach cover for it for storage when we're not traveling? We plan to take several trips throughout the year, but it may sit for a couple of months between trips. I've heard differing opinions on the pros and cons of a cover. Any expert/ experience opinions on this?

If you can't put it in a garage I would build a shelter of at least a roof over it. The worst thing I think you can do it cover it with material. Its heavy and hard to manage, being a 3 or 4 person job with ladders etc. Also you need to provide ventilation or you will get mildew and mold plus the abrasion between the fabric and the coach. Mine is in a garage for storage and also I do a lot of work on it.

Thanks for the response, desertdeals69. That goes along with some of what we've heard from others. A garage would be great, but out of the budget this year. Guess we'll have to keep it looking new the "old-fashion" way.....by working at it.

Thanks again.