Sign in to follow this  
rmjm1946

Where To Winter In FL South Of I4?

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi Joyce!

We love to go to Turtle Beach Campground, 8862 Midnight Pass Rd, Sarasota, FL34242 (941)-349-3839), www.scgov.net/turtlebeachcampground .

We've been there twice and already made reservations for Memorial Wkd. It is litterally steps away from the beautiful gulf shore. Reservations must be made ahead, as they only have 44 sites and only a few for your size of RV. Depending on how close to the beach you are, it's the fee. Fees run from $32 to $42, full hook-up. Less expensive are State Parks, such as Manatee Springs, west of Gainesville, FL or Anastacia, on the beach, NE FL.

Enjoy your stay in Florida!

Jocelynn

Member #380074

We are also looking for a place to stay close to the beach on the gulf for a few days in the coming weeks. We do have 2 little dogs so it has to be pet friendly. Any suggestions?

We just spent a week in Feb at Clearwater Travel Resort. Very nice resort, friendly, has a large pet section. We had many out of town friends and family for my daughters wedding and they even accomodated a family get together we heldm at their outside pool area with picnic tables, at no extra cost.

Here is the link:

http://www.clearwatertravelresort.net/

Real good location, beach is close but about 20 minutes in traffic. Tampa and the airport are just across the bay, over the Courtney Campbell Causeway.

Lots of people head for the Gulf Coast. But for those who might like the Atlantic Ocean, there's a very nice park in Fort Pierce called the Treasure Coast RV Park (www.treasurecoastrv.com), right where I-95 and the Florida Turnpike cross. A few miles to the beach, shopping, PGA golf, restaurants galore ...