desertdeals69

Remote Thermometer.

Just installed thermometer with 3 remotes.

The model is Temp Minder by the same people that make the Tire Minder.

I now have a reading of the freezer, refrig, and outside as well as where the monitor is on the wall.

Just installed thermometer with 3 remotes.

The model is Temp Minder by the same people that make the Tire Minder.

I now have a reading of the freezer, refrig, and outside as well as where the monitor is on the wall.

A model # and link to where our members can purchase this item would be nice. :huh:

Radio Shack has a temperature receiver with inside temp and one outside temp remote. You add 2 more remotes by ordering. I have a remote just behind the front bumper, one in the water bay, and one in the refrigerator. I do not remember the price.

mrboyer,

I looked into the Radio Shack unit. found the Owners manual on line and looked at the information on the receiver and sensors.

The part number of ordering extra sensors was not in the information, so I called the home office and they could not find any information on ordering extra sensors. Might check with your local store !

So the question is did you get the remotes at the same time?

So I'm left with, are they available or when will they be. Being a brand new item that issue is up in the air for me.
The other item not covered. Will it scan all the remotes, one would think so; but no clear yes or no. Are you able to scan you 2 sensors?

Item number 6300772 looks good as a single remote monitoring system.

One must decide if its operation and the application, if it will do what they want.

Rich.

When I purchased the unit with one remote at Radio Shack, the clerk looked up the remote on line. He could not verify that it was the correct remote, but it was the only one available. I ordered two and had them sent to a store in my home town. No shipping charge. All three remotes work well. Once in a while when a semi-truck passes by, one remote will not be received for a period of time. Time varies, but usually less than 10 minutes. Don't know if the truck had too much power output on their CB radio to cause interference or what that causes it.

If the ice cream is hard, the freezer is working. If the milk is cold, the refrigerator is working. Regarding the outside, well, I'm never happy.

However, thanks for the link and I'm going to look into it. I presently have on remote mounted under the hood but it is next to the generator. It also gets "sun" hot in that location, but most of the time when traveling it is withing a few degrees. When we stop we have another gauge with remote. It is put up outside under the slide in a little cubby hole next ot the outside of the wall of the slide. it is out of the sun and does a good job. Yes, it is on the checklist for when we depart or the slide when brought in "may" damage it. So far so good.

I would like to have the 3 sensor one though.