Ceupton49

Front Jacks Will Not Work

We went camping this past weekend and when i setup up the auto-level only put the rear jacks down. I tried 5 times to get the front ones down with no luck. We parked the rig at storage and tried the auto-level and it worked there. What causes this to happen ?????

Hi Chris,

Could you post the make and model of your leveling system.

They do not work the same way for the different suppliers.

Wiring and control systems very.

Rich.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the information.

Many of the new jack system control boards us logic circuits, Kind of a love-hate thing with me. On some of the models there is a reset button, others reset when the ignition key is turned off for a period of time. The filter circuits for the control boards slowly discharge and the circuit resets..The best way to reset some of them is to remove the power fuse in the control board and then replace.

If you can supply a model number from your information or some numbers off the control board or keypad, then I could give you a better answer.

Rich.

I would give PowerGear a call. They seem like friendly folks. I talked with them last week at a trade show in San Diego.

Unless you are a dealer, they'll answer your email, but will not talk to a customer. Having said that, they are very responsive, it's just irritating when we have a simple question, but can't talk to anybody.

I'm sorry that they wouldn't talk to you, we are a dealer and were at an RV trade show and I didn't realize that they wouldn't talk to the public.

It doesn't sound like to good of a policy.

I have the BIG FOOT auto levelers on my Georgieboy and they have been wonderful 'tlll recently. I'm not getting the full stroke on a couple of them. Checked the fluid levels and both needed some added. Still no luck on those two. BF service guys say it's probably a bubble in the line.

Has anyone out there had this problem and if so, how do you fix it?

Thanks

The Master Chief

Hi Chief,

Do not know what information you have for your system. These are links to there Technical Information & Component Drawings and there troubleshooting guide

http://www.bigfootleveler.com/page.php?page_id=198

http://www.bigfootleveler.com/files/Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

From the information you posted, I would try to open the connection at each of the cylinders(one at a time)while someone activates the jack circuit for the jack you want to bleed. This would force out any air in that line. You need only to brake the connection very little and when you get fluid re tighten and and check the jack extension.

To get the cylinder to make a full cycle ( completely extended) may take 2 or 3 cycles. Check the fluid level in the supply tank with the jack up so you do not run out of fluid !!! after cycling the jacks each time.

Should this work, then you will want to keep an eye on base plate to see if hydraulic fluid is collecting on top of the foot. You could have seals leaking on the ones that do not extend fully. Some jack cylinders have grease fittings on the housing tubes and need a little lithium grease added periodically.

Work safe under the coach. Rich.

I have the Power Gear leveling system on my coach. It is not fully automatic, in that it has four switches, front, back, rt. side and lt. side. On a recent trip, I had one afternoon when only the front or only the back jacks would go down. After a few tries, I turned off the main battery switches (coach and starting), left them off for a short time ( a minute or so) turned them back on and the jacks then worked as designed. Haven't had a problem since. Ctrl, alt, delete seemed to work that time.

Sam

Here's what I did when I had a jack problem. I had HWH jacks on my 2000 Winnebago. I had one rear jack that would not go down, so I first identified the four solenoids to each jack, then plugged in the working jack solenoid to the non working jack and was able to prove that the trouble was with the solenoid and not the actual jack it's self, because after doing so the jack that did not go down earlier, now went down.

I hope that I did not confuse you to much, but it did work for me with trouble shooting my HWH jacks.

Good Luck, Bob