snybe

No Power To 110 Outlets In Coach Area Unless Inverter Is Turned On

We have a 2011 Fleetwood Discovery 40G that keeps having 110 power issues.

Our problem is that whether we are connected to shore power or running the generator, we lose power to our main coach 110v outlets. We can turn on the inverter and get 110 then, but the batteries start to discharge even though we are still hooked up to 50A shore power or have the generator running.

In the past I could reset the inverter and get the 110 to come back without having the inverter on, but now that is not doing the trick. So we are now without 110 power even though we are hooked to shore power. The only way I could get my house batteries to charge while the inverter is on, is start the engine and let the alternator charge them. They do not get charged from the shore power or generator or if they do, it is just a trickle because running anything like the TVs or DVD player will drain the house batteries.

We have two Magnum MS2000 Pure Sine Wave Inverter/Chargers, one for the main coach and one for the residential refrigerator The refrigerator keeps its power fine while we lose power to the 110 outlets without having to turn its inverter on.

I have reset both inverters, turned off all the power to the coach and unhooked the shore power for a few minutes and then hooked it back up. I have unhooked from shore power and started the generator and nothing seems to let us get our 110 power back. Our hot water heater and dryer keeps power to them so it seems it is just whatever is wired to the inverter designated to the coach 110 power.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Don Lively

http://livelyrv.com

Suggest that you look in the main 120 volt breaker panel to be sure that the breaker that feeds your inventer is on. If you have power there, I would check the actual power input to the inverter.

Hi Don,

The reset only worked for a short time. How many times have you reset the unit since our last exchange of information?

How much of a load are you trying to run on the circuits powered through the inverter when connected to shore power?

Are you running electric heaters, hair dryers, and other high current loads at the same time?

You mentioned that you have 2- MS-2000 inverters and the one powering refrigerator is working fine, sounds like that unit is dedicated to a limited number of outlets.

There is a 30 amp circuit breaker on the AC input side and to large of a load will cause the inverter to power up if the current limit is exceeded. When running in inverter mode,if you have an energy management system it maybe trying to limit the total load by shedding circuit loads.

http://www. magnumenergy.com Phone # 425-353-8833

You could talk to one of there techs and get there opinion.

Keep us posted on what you fine out.

As a work around until you can get things working on the charger side, a 50 amp battery charger would keep the coach batteries charged up when you are parked. If you are not sure how to connect one properly find some help so you do not cause another problem.

You will need to disconnect the charger before starting the engine, just to be real safe.

Rich.

The first time a reboot of the inverter fixed the problem. This time no such luck, but yesterday after posting my plea for help, I was reading the inverter user manual and saw where both inverters had the 30 amp reset button. So Rich, if I would have read your post prior to me investigating myself, you would have put me on it too.

The way my inverters are installed in the coach puts the second one behind the first with no space between them and so I had to feel with my fingers for whether or not the 30 amp reset button was popped out. I could not feel that it was popped out or blown, but it was.

I finally took the screws holding the first or front inverter out and once I slid it out of the way, I saw that the reset button was popped out and so once I reset that, we had power again.

Luckly there was enough room for me to keep the first inverter slid a little more to the front so now there is a good two inches for me to see the back inverter and its 30 amp reset button.

I really appreciate all the help and can say for sure that I get more useful information from FMCA's forum then any of the others I post to. This time I did not ever mess with the other forums because I seem to get the answers I need from this forum.

Thanks!

Don

We lost power in our American Tradition coach by overloading the circuit. Any idea on fixing this? 12 volt all works and everything works on inverter. We just made a mistake by adding one extra item, then lost our shore power. Any reply would be welcome.

Denny,

Give us as many details as you can so we can help.

Have you turned off and back on the CG breaker?

Are you on 30 or 50 amp connection?

Does anything not powered by the inverter work on 120 VAC?

Do you have a surge protector-- if so, and it has indicator lights, what does it tell you?

dennysnine,

I'm by no means an expert, but have so far figured out all the ways to reset my Magnum MS2000 Pure Sine Wave Inverter/Chargers when we did the same thing.

First I check the breaker box and make sure none of the circuits are tripped. If so I reset the breaker.

Second I check the pop out breakers on my inverters and make sure they are not tripped. If so I reset them.

Third I will reset the actual inverter by holding the reset button for 15 or 20 seconds until the led light starts to flash.

So far that has always fixed my lost of power problems for 110V.

If you have or can download the user's manual for your inverters, that would be a big help so you can see all the ways to reset its breakers and/or entire inverter.

I hope that helps.

Thanks!

Don Lively