Sign in to follow this  
MikeMarie

Door Latch Broken 0n 2008 Jayco Melbourne 29D

We came back to the RV and the door would not open. The latch seemed to pull properly but the pin did not pull out of the door frame. We got into the coach by way of the front door. I was able to get the inside cover on the latch off and discovered that the pin that slides into the door frame to hold the door closed was broken and I was not able to pull out the broken part. I did, however take off the moulding on the latch side of the door and move the latch into the door.

There does not appear to be anything holding the door but I still cannot open it. I could not pull the outside cover off of the door or get the full latch out. It is, of course, screwed to the door. I can't see anything holding the door in place yet I still cannot open it.

Any suggestions? We can enter and exit the coach from the front so that is not really a problem but we really would like to get the door working again.

Mike...

Mike, Could you post 2 or 3 pictures to your thread of the internal portion of the assembly and any numbers that are on the cover or other parts of the unit.

Rich.