missbrandie

Internet Access On The Road

I use Verizon MiFi with Jetpack and they do advise at 50%, 75% and 90%. You can call or go online and increase your service at any time, then reset at the beginning of the next month. I've been through West Texas, remote as it is, and have maintained my 3G coverage in the past. I'll be going again shortly with the Jetpack and don't anticipate problems. AT&T has MANY spots of no coverage where Verizon just drops to 3G (with little drop off in speed) and keeps going.

I have an Android phone (Samsung) and a windows operated laptop. I have used a program called PdaNet. You download the program to your phone from Google play and also to your computer. The computer version is from www.junefabrics.com This makes your phone a tethered hot spot and uses the data your are already paying for with your smart phone. Unless you are a power user the 2gb of data from Verizon will suffice for emails and minor surfing. After a trial period you will get an email from June Fabrics asking for $18.00 for the program to continue. This is the only charge you will get. Worth a try and it does save money!!

I work remotely and rely on the Internet every day from our coach. I have researched a number of the solutions available extensively, and decided to go for a Mifi as well. I was using Verizon with a 16 GB plan on the 4G 890 hotpsot until I read about Millenicom, http://millenicom.com/. They are a reseller and use both Verizon and Sprint as the underlying carrier for their plans. I have the 20GB plan, which runs on Verizon, and costs 1/2 what my 16GB plan was running with Verizon. I have been using the service and it is very reliable.

They also offer an unlimited plan for the same price that runs on Sprint, so coverage is a little spotty away from the cities.

I use an exterior antenna and a Cyfre 819 amp for the hotspots and never worry about it anymore. I was going to spend quite a bit of money on a satellite mounted to the roof of our coach until I started talking with those that have them and reading about the service. Did not really want to get tied up in all that.

Millenicom plans are no contract as well, and the initial device fee is only $99 for the Verizon plan.

Just wondering, can you use an Ooma internet phone with this? I have an coma in my S&B which connect wirelessly to my intranet and I have a house phone.