Sign in to follow this  
pattexaco

2013 Tiffin 34tga

I know everyone's first thought is: if you are concerned with fuel consumption, why buy it?

"I am willing to pay so, I can play". Just have not experienced this engine on this chassis and wondering if some kind soul out there will give me their take on it. We will be towing a Honda CRV.

Thanks for any and all input.

Everyone be safe and enjoy your travels.

I know everyone's first thought is: if you are concerned with fuel consumption, why buy it?

"I am willing to pay so, I can play". Just have not experienced this engine on this chassis and wondering if some kind soul out there will give me their take on it. We will be towing a Honda CRV.

Thanks for any and all input.

Everyone be safe and enjoy your travels.

i looked on the Tiffin website and the 34TGA is on a Ford chassis with the 6,8L V10 engine. Torque is 457. Hitch rating is 5,000 pounds. GVWR is 24,000 pounds. Looks like your Honda comes in at a little less than 4,000 pounds.

I had a 2009 Four Winds Hurricane 31H with the Ford chassis and the same engine but my GVWR was 18,000 pounds. Pulling our Jeep Liberty,

weighs a little more than your Honda, we varied between 9 and 11 mpg depending on the terrain and speed. The set up towed well enough that we did

not know the Jeep was there if we did not see it in the camera. I also did not have any problems with the power of the engine. On a trip from Texas to

Albuquerque, NM on Interstate 10 and 25 we were able to keep up with several friends with diesel pushers.

We have a similar chassis, get between 6.5 and 8.00 depending on terrain and wind..have no trouble towing our Wrangler which is about 4000 lbs. MH weight is usually around 19k.

We have a similar chassis, get between 6.5 and 8.00 depending on terrain and wind..have no trouble towing our Wrangler which is about 4000 lbs. MH weight is usually around 19k.

Your mileage is about average that I've been hearing from other V-10 owners. Those that claim significantly higher may have an odometer problem, I have traveled with others on trips that claim way more miles that I was getting but when we filled up at the same time with the same mileage we took almost the same amount of fuel.

Thanks to all for your responses.

Herman, just left your state two weeks ago after spending 1 month at Guadalupe RV Resort in Kerrville.

One of our all-time favorite RV parks that we continue to return to. Replacing older Winny with the Tiffin.

Your mileage is about average that I've been hearing from other V-10 owners. Those that claim significantly higher may have an odometer problem, I have traveled with others on trips that claim way more miles that I was getting but when we filled up at the same time with the same mileage we took almost the same amount of fuel.

+1. From my own experiences and the others that I have seen, I think the later F53s are doing 6 - 8.

+1. From my own experiences and the others that I have seen, I think the later F53s are doing 6 - 8.

I think those with a shorter MH are getting a tad better but nothing to write home about , just bragging rights at the campfire :)