Sign in to follow this  
Wallee

Compartment Key(s)

Hi out there in RV land.

I have a 1995 rexhall airbus in fairly good shape now But in all my stupidly I just lost the only key for the basement compartments, I tried to have one made by a locksmith but he says no go because that type of key went out in the early nineties.

Its a round head that fits into a round hole to turn the cam lock.

Now I did just make a temp key out of brass tube fitting, it work but for how long??? Brass is soft so I know it will let me down soon.

Question: does anyone know where I can get these type of key made or buy???

Wallee

See if you can find a RV key # 751. That key fits quite a few storage compartments. You should be able to find one at an RV dealer or Camping World. In fact one of your friends might have one.

Herman

Thanks guys, but none of above was any good.

I had to go to Rexhall and ask if they could give me a key num. for that year. which they did. Then I had to find a place that had them. Found them in a key shop in WA state. They said they had over a 1000 of them hummm??????????

They work better then the lost one.

Hi out there in RV land.

I have a 1995 rexhall airbus in fairly good shape now But in all my stupidly I just lost the only key for the basement compartments, I tried to have one made by a locksmith but he says no go because that type of key went out in the early nineties.

Its a round head that fits into a round hole to turn the cam lock.

Now I did just make a temp key out of brass tube fitting, it work but for how long??? Brass is soft so I know it will let me down soon.

Question: does anyone know where I can get these type of key made or buy???

Wallee

Yes, you can try here http://www.toplocksmithvancouver.ca/