stuplich

No Price Advantage

I just recieved a renewal notice from CoachNet.

When I phoned them I found that they do not offer a discount to FMCA members.

Not to long ago FMCA discontinued FMCAssist.

What value is a FMCA membership?

I see no reason to renew when my FMCA membership expires.

Any one want a 11 year old cheap plastic "Goose Egg".

We've been members of FMCA since circa 1990. We don't do a lot of rally's (10) . The FMCA magazine is in my opinion worth the yearly fee, even if you aren't in the market for a new coach.

ActionJackson

We've been members of FMCA since circa 1990. We don't do a lot of rally's (10) . The FMCA magazine is in my opinion worth the yearly fee, even if you aren't in the market for a new coach.

ActionJackson

It's your money....spend it howerver you want to!

I was disappointed/underwhelmed by the one rally we attended 9 years ago.

At least Nick Russell and his Gypsy Journal Rallies have not lost touch with real RVers.

Every "benefit" that FMCA offers/offered, except the magazine, are available elsewhere,(usually for less $$).

Even magazine is not what it used to be.

IMO the best thing about FMCA is that it is not mandatory.

stuplich,

I am sorry for your bad experience with the one rally you attended 9 years ago. Even a bad restaurant deserves a second chance. I know there are some Chapters that are not what a lot of people want. That is why there are hundreds of Chapters and I am sure one of them would meet your needs.

If you have stayed with FMCA for 11 years there must have been something you liked. Give us another chance. :(

Herman Mullins F 302225

President of Lone Star Chapter

Parking Captain for the Six-State Rally association.

Herman Mullins F 302225

I joined FMCA 10 years ago for the "benifits".

Unfortunately, all of the benifits I enjoyed have been modified or eliminated to a point where a FMCA membership offers nothing of value to me....(even the magazene has nothing that is not readily availabe elsewhere).

I will not be renewing my membership.

BTW, should I decide to, I can attend nearly any rally for a small additional fee, (without paying yearly to FMCA).

End of rant.

Mel

When I called Coach Net to renew and asked about the discount I was told I would need to sign up for "new" Coach Net membership through FMCA rather than simply renew through Coach Net directly. So I did, saving ten dollars on the annual fee.

I joined FMCA several years ago. I did not necessarily join because of discounts and benefits.

The main reason was the resources available which members share in networking. We have been motorhoming for 15 years and everyday I learn from others as they share their knowledge and are willing to share.

The information I have received is more than worth the membership dues.

When I called Coach Net to renew and asked about the discount I was told I would need to sign up for "new" Coach Net membership through FMCA rather than simply renew through Coach Net directly. So I did, saving ten dollars on the annual fee.

camperken

So what you have to do to get one of the FMCA advertised/promoted "benefits" year after year (a 10% discount on Coach Net), is: "Pretend" you're not renewing / that you are a "new member"..... in other words LIE!

Are you OK with that?.

Mel

Last year we were invited to an FMCA chapter rally by a good friend, whom I went to school with. The rally was held by the Red River Rovers. We had belonged to them in '01 when they first started the chapter but dropped out because both my wife and I were working and found we didn't have enough time in the week, as it was.

We (my wife) decided that she missed the company of the R R R members who welcomed us back as though we had never left. Needless to say, we rejoined the Rovers, and since we are now retired, we are able to go to the rallies and just take our time to relax and enjoy the scenery.

One requirement to the club and all chapters is you must be a current member in FMCA. We paid the fee and have enjoyed the times spent with all our old friends.

I am a Lifetime member in Good Sam as well as the Presidents Club of Camping World and I receive the same camping discounts offered by all three. What I guess I'm trying to say is, without the friends we have met since rejoining FMCA we would still be a Lone Wolf in RVing and wouldn't have the fun we have enjoyed because of FMCA.

To us the cost is worth it. If you haven't joined a chapter, at least give one a try. If they are like the Red River Rovers you'll find something worth the dues and have fun at the same time.

Regards,

Michael