Pat60

Best House Batteries ?

<p>We are going to have Alliance Coach in Wildwood put in a residential refrigerator next week. It might be time to replace the house batteries, so we would appreciate feedback on the best brand of batteries to buy.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.</p>

Pat,

Please tell us what size, kind and number you have right now. That will help us know what will fit.

What inverter charger do you have-- MSW or Sine Wave? How many amps of charging available?

How much dry camping do you do?

The key question is "boondocking" When you are on shore power, the battery really doesn't matter. If you are an occasional boondocker and just want lights for a night, then a decent battery works.

if you boondock a lot, and want some appliances working, then you will need an inverter installed. Now your power requirements will be more.

We are occasional boonies. When parked, I run the TV,( through an inverter) a few lights, and my Cpap machine, also through the inverter. I have two good quality 12 volt deep cell batteries in parallel. They give me about 8 hours of power. if you want more, then either 2 more 12 volts will work, but if you have the space, 2 or 4 6 volt Golf club batteries would be the best solution.

be sure any batteries you use are deep cell, not marine or starter batteries.

Paul

Regardless of size you need to have deep cycle batteries. Six volt golf cart batteries seem to be the best choice. The type of battery construction depends on your pocket book.

...I would go with AGM batteries never have to worry about filling or checking the water level....

Great batteries, but a bit pricey.

I got rid of the four wet cell batteries and they were repalced with AGMs. WOW! No more fumbling around with distilled water, cleaning up overflows and corrosion.

The choice came after getting rid of the Norcold LRIM 1200 fire hazard refrigerator freezer. The "residential" Whirlpool refrigerator-freezer was installed by Beckley's in Thurmont, MD. A beautiful job, pricey install, but worth it.

After that an additional pure sine wave inverter was installed to handle to Whirlpool when driving without the generator running.