Sign in to follow this  
chuckconnie

Drop In Water Pressure

We have a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer.

I am having a problem with water pressure. When I run my hot water heater and pressure builds in the water lines from the heating of water, my cold water really slows up when you first open a faucet but then runs normally. I know there is a pressure valve on the back of the water heater which I already had to replace because the hot water stopped flowing, but it did not slow the cold water at that time.

Could this be the problem or any other thoughts on a solution?

Thanks

Chuck, Could you post the make and model number of your water heater for the group along with the pump make and model request from DD.

Do you have the same flow rate problem when you turn on the hot water first ? and is the flow problem at all the taps ?

Rich.

From that information I think there is a back pressure / Check valve in the cold input side at the water heater at is allowing the build up of pressure in the hot water tank to influence the cold water side of the pluming.

When you mention changing the valve on the hot side of the water heater, was this the safety blow off valve.

Material in the water can get caught in these check valves and build up over time rendering them ineffective.

If I'm reading your information correctly, when you open the hot water first flow rate is good and then if you change to cold water the flow rate is good.

The real catcher is, where would a problematic check valve be located that would affect the cold water flow equally at all the faucets. One would think it would be located at or near the water heater, but the flow of water from the faucets; should be greater and then drop if said valve is an issue.(temporarily high pressure on the cold side) ?? something to ponder on longer.

Could the pressure valve on the hot side be in backwards?

Rich.