Sign in to follow this  
dennysnine

No Power

We made a mistake of overloading by plugging 1 extra item in, then lost our power. Any suggestions how to repair. Did no trip any thing. Board shows shore power coming into coach but no power. Any help would be appreciated.

If no breakers tripped, and it is only outlets that don't work the other likely "suspect" is a tripped GFI. On each (usually there are several on a coach) push TEST and then RESET.

Denny, Could you post the Make, Model and Year of your coach?

Just posted and see that you lost the Microwave and Refrigerator. That would lead one to check the circuit breaker(s) on the inverter / Charger

Rich.

We lost microwave power plus our residential fridge.

First off you say quote: "Board shows shore power coming into coach but no power, but then you say no power to fridge or micro?

Which is it-- NO POWER or just no power to these 2 items? BIG BIG difference.

If it's the second claim then you need to push the little reset button on the Inverter that feeds these 2 items.

We actually lost everything, lights worked on 12 volt, but nothing on shore power.

Even though computer board showed all shore power coming in, Micro and refrigerator would not work only on inverter.

Denise

We have an '05 Revolution and had a similar situation. Pushing in the reset button on the side of the inverter corrected the problem.

We actually lost everything, lights worked on 12 volt. but nothing on shore power. Even though computer board showed all shore power coming in.Micro and refrigerator would not work only on inverter. Denise

this is really confusing and hard to believe.U say that you lost all power but the fridge and Micro will work if u turn on the inverter.Correct? Plus u say no power to nothing else because u plugged in too many things? then U must have blown the main 50 amp breaker because your AC has NOTHING to do with an inverter

I don't think your explaining the situation properly !) how do u know u plugged in too many things 2) if its just a GFI which is normally what happens the AC and 120V hot water should still work.

In a nut shell if u lost "everything" as u claim then it sounds like main 50amp breaker because "everything" does not go through inverter system

so if it was as simple as inverter reset button or reset GFI the AC+ hot water etc would have never lost power

I am having a similar problem. We were boondocking. For awhile I ran the TV using an inverter. The inverter is wired directly to the battery and has two dedicated outlets.

Then I switched to the generator and ran my Cpap machine, plus a 1500 watt heater for some load. After five hours, I switched back to the inverter. In ten seconds the inverter squealed and I realized the heater was on the dedicated circuit by accident. I unplugged it, and went back to generator power.

Later, I tried to go back to the inverter. As soon as I turned off the generator, I lost all 12 volt electricity. No lights, no slide controls, nothing.

As of now the situation is this. As long as I have shore power or generator power, everything works. This includes the pilot light on the master switch to kill all 12 volt power. If I unplug the shore power or generator, its all gone.

The test system shows my batteries are fully powered. Plugging a lamp into the dedicated inverter line work, which verifies the battery is on line.s. There are no burnt fuses or tripped breakers on the board.

My book does say when there is no 12 volt power, then check the breaker on the isolator solenoid. I have a Ford F450 truck and cannot see anything like that under the hood.

This solenoid may be the original poster's problem. I won't know until I find and test that sucker. ideas?

ThanKs

Paul

Paul, What Coach do you have and model year? Could you also include the make and model of your inverter.

When you mentioned loosing light(s) your referring to the 12 volt powered ones.

You plug a lamp into the dedicated outlet and no 110 volts present now.

Some systems have a fuse mounted on a latching relay (only about 7 amps) and if it failed then to latching relay will not change over to the battery 12 volts.

I,m Thinking that when this fuse fails the indicator light on your panel fails to light.

Rich.

I am having a similar problem. We were boondocking. For awhile I ran the TV using an inverter. The inverter is wired directly to the battery and has two dedicated outlets.

Then I switched to the generator and ran my Cpap machine, plus a 1500 watt heater for some load. After five hours, I switched back to the inverter. In ten seconds the inverter squealed and I realized the heater was on the dedicated circuit by accident. I unplugged it, and went back to generator power.

Later, I tried to go back to the inverter. As soon as I turned off the generator, I lost all 12 volt electricity. No lights, no slide controls, nothing.

As of now the situation is this. As long as I have shore power or generator power, everything works. This includes the pilot light on the master switch to kill all 12 volt power. If I unplug the shore power or generator, its all gone.

The test system shows my batteries are fully powered. Plugging a lamp into the dedicated inverter line work, which verifies the battery is on line.s. There are no burnt fuses or tripped breakers on the board.

My book does say when there is no 12 volt power, then check the breaker on the isolator solenoid. I have a Ford F450 truck and cannot see anything like that under the hood.

This solenoid may be the original poster's problem. I won't know until I find and test that sucker. ideas?

ThanKs

Paul

TOTALLY DIFFERENT situation.Your problem is 12 Volt and the OP problem is 120V system