jerryj

Folding Chairs

What are your favorite folding chairs? We are looking for two new chairs because one of ours was stolen while we left it to save a parking place.

At the West is Best Rally in Albany, Oregon, I kind of liked the folding chairs that had a solid flip-up table on the side or over your legs when sitting. I would like to know who the suppliers were, if anyone knows. They don't fold as compact as what we now have, but they may be more useful. Just wondering what motorhomers' favorite chairs are.

Jerry and Diane Johnston

Guest Wayne77590

Jerry and Diane,

Darn! I was just in one of the major shop everyday stores and was intrigued by the chair with the flip up side arm that would hold your cup and other items. I was so surprised at how extremely light they were. They don't collapse into a small bundle, but they do fold flat with the arm going down between the legs so that the whole item is flat and can be stowed easily.

When the right little man running around in my head pops out, I'll post the store name.

Jerry and Diane,

Our favorite chairs are directors chairs with a side table. They are very sturdy, relatively light. Ours have a carrying strap so we can carry them easily. We had a wooden set when we started motor home living and eventually the fabric gave out and we couldn't find replacement fabric. The current ones are aluminum frame and are much more compact.

There are many variations of directors chairs. Ours came from Monaco but I'm sure you can get them from other suppliers.

Bill was given one of the chairs with the flip up table for his b'day. It was purchased at Gander Mtn. They're a little less expensive there than Camping World. The flip up table is on the right side. Left side has a bag with multi-size pockets for holding 'whatever' he chooses. Very sturdy. Believe it will accommodate 300 lbs.

Guest Wayne77590

This wasn't the store I saw them in, but is this chair what you are looking for?

Coleman also makes one.

Ahhhhhh! The little man popped out! ACADEMY (A sports store here in Texas ad other fine Southern states) academy.com and search on directors chair

This wasn't the store I saw them in, but is this chair what you are looking for?

Coleman also makes one.

Ahhhhhh! The little man popped out! ACADEMY (A sports store here in Texas ad other fine Southern states) academy.com and search on directors chair

Close, but it looks like the style chair is the director style. It seems like the side table would flip up over the lap and could be used with a computer. I wished I would have bought 2 of them but had a price around $100. We have since bought 2 chairs, recliners, from CampingWorld. They are very comfortable but still we will be looking for a couple of director chairs. Maybe at another FMCA Convention. We bought: https://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/...erracotta/37560 .

What are your favorite folding chairs? We are looking for two new chairs

because one of ours was stolen while we left it to save a parking place.

Sounds like you need a portable "Campsite Reserved" sign.

With the price of chairs today I behooves one to put their name on the chair in

permanent marker or with an engraver. Make believe your a movie star. :rolleyes:

Chairs may look the same but they have different heights for the seat and back, and the weight

capacity which is important if a guest should decide to drop by for a drink.

I passed up on some chairs and a recliner at Quartzsite that I regret - so I am still looking for

the one that fits me just right.

Sounds like you need a portable "Campsite Reserved" sign.

With the price of chairs today I behooves one to put their name on the chair in

permanent marker or with an engraver. Make believe your a movie star. :rolleyes:

Chairs may look the same but they have different heights for the seat and back, and the weight

capacity which is important if a guest should decide to drop by for a drink.

I passed up on some chairs and a recliner at Quartzsite that I regret - so I am still looking for

the one that fits me just right.

I will be bringing my engraver with me next time but don't think it will help a lot. I would have to see the chair again and then the engraving. Funny but we do have a "Campsite Reserved" sign and thought the chair would work okay. Live and learn.

We will also be going to Quartzsite next year. Probably be looking in the big tent for some special chairs.

Guest Wayne77590

Ah! The little man popped out! I remember seeing the folding chairs with the fold down arm at SAM's Club. There were not expensive. They do not colapse into a small pacage but they do fold down flat, including the table, as it swings between the legs when folded. I believe the price was $19 and some change.