cwschnepf

A&E One Step Awning Control Wiring

My awning is down and won't go up. I have 12 Volts to the controller. Can anyone tell me what color wires go to the awning??

I desire a wiring print of this system in the worst way.

CMS,

Could you post the Make, Model and Year of your coach.

They do not wire them all the same and even the A&W colors can change over time.

By chance are there any model or serial numbers on your one step that you could provide.

Rich.

It is an A&E awning on a 2002 Allegro Bus. The model # is 716AN18.0018 Prod # 958303194 Ser # 14691958 11-26-01

This info was found on the inside of the the extended awning near the front. Well hidden for a novice to find. Thanks for any help. Update today there is two wires to the motor. There is 12 volts when the switch is depressed and the polarity reverses when the switch is rocked the other way.

From the information you posted in regards to the presents of power / voltage at the motor and that the voltage reverses, one has to think its a motor issue.

you might try this link and I will see what other information is out on the web.

The information you posted will serve you will while looking for information and parts !

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-awnings/rv-awning-parts-instr.htm

Rich.

CWS, I found this Service manual information. Down load a copy and read it over, list a number of parts and pictures many of the cabling items used on different models. This is specific to a CareFree unit, but is a good reference. Also includes wiring information ! and a motor number in the parts list.

http://www.rvawningsonline.com/manuals/eclipse/serviceman.pdf

Edit---It has been blocked at the server in the last day or so !!!

I will keep looking, but from the pictures the motors look a lot like power window motors.Maybe someone like NAPA could cross reference it, but the drive head or gearing could be different !!! Pages # 7 to 10 on the printed material cover Removing the Motors.

The one item you MUST be careful with is removing the motor drive. One needs to hold / lock or pin the roller assemble in place while working on the awning.

There is a assist spring used to assist the motor when retracting the Awning. Being a novice you might want to get some help with this repair. There are some videos on the sight that might help also.

With help and knowing how to remove the motor, one should be able to rewind the awning.

Use cable ties(some big ones) to hold it in place so you can move the coach if necessary, to get to a service location.

Keep an eye on it if you need to drive any distance !!!!

Hope this gets you out of a pickle.

Rich.

It is an A&E awning on a 2002 Allegro Bus. The model # is 716AN18.0018 Prod # 958303194 Ser # 14691958 11-26-01

This info was found on the inside of the the extended awning near the front. Well hidden for a novice to find. Thanks for any help. Update today there is two wires to the motor. There is 12 volts when the switch is depressed and the polarity reverses when the switch is rocked the other way.

Check the voltage at the motor, if voltage is present then you motor is bad, if no voltage, then there is a bad wire or connetion.

Thanks to all for all the advice. I had searched the internet but the new sites you recommended are what I was looking for. Thanks again and may I pass the help on.

I appear to have the problem resolved. The awning is 12 years old and the motor is not to be found. Tom's RV Parts in Fla had two look alikes that had been saved from awnings which were replaced. I did not get the actual part number. He has two listed on EBay. On my first call to Dometic I was told it is so old we don't have any documentation. (which means I don't want to get out of my chair) Today I called Dometic at 574-274-2311 and talked to a Janelle. She was very pleasant. She told me the part number on the motor is incorrect, gave me the new part number, and shipped it out today. Cost is $359.99 plus $25.00 shipping. Ebay was $155.00 plus $25.00 shipping.

I hope this will help others. Also instructions (men don't need) come with the motor.

I recommend you wait until you have the instructions in hand before starting on this project.

CWS,

Should you get time could you take a picture of the old motor and list any information listed on it and send me a PM with the information?

So glad you got things under control.

The information was blocked at the server in the last day ! LOL

Rich.

CWSCHEPF, i am having similar problems ,same Awning, would appreciate it if you would sshare any documentation you gained on the one strp. Thanks in advance, 

PS. I know it has been some time, im keeping my fingers c rossed.

Gerdutch