itgeekgal

Searching for a GREAT Winnebago Dealer

We are looking to order a new Tour GD next year and seek recommendations for a great dealer to work with. When we bought our current Tiffin I did all negotiations via email, dealer location doesn't really matter to us as we are full timers who travel continually. I found a great dealer at Davis Motorhome Mart who gave us 28% off MSRP and painless shopping for our Tiffin purchase, the 1st time we actually talked to our salesman was when we arrived to accept delivery of our coach. I am now looking to establish the same sort of relationship with a Winnebago dealer... all advice is greatly appreciated!

I bought a used PaceArrow from Winnebago Motor Homes in Rockford Il. It is a family owned dealer and they were GREAT to deal with. They went out of their way to help. Call them at 866-964-5591.

Why are you dropping down from a Tiffin to a Winnebago?

This switch would not be a drop down, we currently have a Phaeton 42QRH which has been an awesome coach. That said, we're looking to move up to the next model which in the Tiffin brand would be the Allegro Bus. We are not impressed with the current Bus floorplans and absolutely love the Tour floorplan and ammenities, we've heard equally as good things about Winnebago service & support and therefore feel it's time to switch brands. Hope this helps... again our 09 Phaeton was a great purchase & has been a wonderful ride!

We purchased a motorhome at Winnebago Motorhomes in Rockford also and highly recommend them. They are a top notch dealer and have great service. I believe a lot of customers come from the Chicago area because of their reputation. Winnebago is not a step down - I believe they are comparable. I also like their innovation and floor plans. If you buy one, you will have to come to their Grand National Rally in Iowa. The seminars on the Winnebago are very informative. Not only that, we have lots of fun!

Why are you dropping down from a Tiffin to a Winnebago?

As a former owner of an 2005 Allegro Bus for 6 years, and now an owner of a Winnebago MH for 2 years, I must take issue with your "step-down" comment. Perhaps you've missed the Tiffin issues like windows fogging, wet bays rotting out, wall to roof "coupling" pieces cracking, outside wall cracks, etc,etc. I agree, Tiffin stands behind their product, however, I'm not alone in my feeling that they would have a lot less to stand behind if Quality Control was a key word in their mission statement.

As a former owner of an 2005 Allegro Bus for 6 years, and now an owner of a Winnebago MH for 2 years, I must take issue with your "step-down" comment. Perhaps you've missed the Tiffin issues like windows fogging, wet bays rotting out, wall to roof "coupling" pieces cracking, outside wall cracks, etc,etc. I agree, Tiffin stands behind their product, however, I'm not alone in my feeling that they would have a lot less to stand behind if Quality Control was a key word in their mission statement.

I've been in the RV repair business for over 30 years and all of the manufacturers have had problems, which is good for us. I have heard more good reports from Tiffin than from Winnebago.

Perhaps several trips to Red Bay ( like we took) to stay for 2-3 weeks before you can get into one of the 60 repair bays at the Tiffin service facility would give you "some new information" on Tiffin. Sit in the waiting room and talk to the owners and you will get the "rest of the story". I appreciate your being in the repair business and we all have our own opinions.

I simply base my opinion on my ownership of a Tiffin product as well as close association with Tiffin owners in campgrounds and at Red Bay during many visits for repairs, We have been Rv'ing since 1970 and have owned 3 diesel pushers as well as 7 other Rv's so we have some level of experience/knowledge/history in this subject as well.

It's not my intent to bash Tiffin here, and I do realize ALL RV's have problems, my experience certainly bares that out. My only intent here is to perhaps add some personal experience due to owning both a Tiffin and a Winnebago. I suggest both brands of MH's are pretty much comparable and no doubt both are top producers in the MH business, being able to weather the last several years economic conditions speaks volumes about both companies.