jeff618

RV Wiper Blades?

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to FMCA.

You can get the wiper blades from or through most auto parts locations. You can check prices by giving them the length of the blades in most cases. None of them are what I would call cheep and some work better the others. Kind of have to decide how often you will be driving in the rain.

Remember to save the hardware from the old blades, many of them bolt on and the clips supplied by the manufacture do not include mounting items used on many of the coaches !!!

Rich.

I get the cheapo anco blades at Walmart, and drill out the little rivet. Works like a charm.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/ANCO-28-Wiper-Blade/16652634

The blades last a couple of years. I started doing this when I could not easily locate replacement blades when I needed them..

Battery operated drill and a drill bit is all it takes.

The original blades were 30-32, I get the longest blade available, which last replacement was a 28". It works fine for me.

Jeff

If you add your motorhome information to your signature it will make questions much easier to answer for your specific vehicle.

The site for Denso Heavy Duty -- RV Windshield wipers shows the blade assembly and also shows the rubber only is available for the Denso Wiper System that was used on many motorhomes.

Personally I ended the problem by Installing the adapter that converts the Denco Arm to a J hook style arm that is quite universal on automobiles and replacement blades are available everywhere up to 28" and even longer at some auto parts stores.

Enter - Anco 4817 on amazon.com for the J hook adapter kit for less than $10 plus postage.

That will allow you to purchase the newer style blades that lay closer to the glass and do a excellent job of following the curve of the windshield.

Now come back and tell us about the picture you have posted.

Dwight

I just bought heavy duty 28" blades Trico Part Number 67-281 from Amazon. One point I should bring up is that you cannot get just replacement blades for any wiper over 28". My mh calls for 32" blades which are way longer then what I need so I dropped back to a 28" blade and they are a lot cheaper plus you can get replacement blades for $17. The other thing is to enclose your whole wiper in one of the swim noodles you can get at Walmart or other toy stores to keep the sun and ozone off them when the mh is not being used.

Go here and look up your correct blade for your RV the google it or check Amazon directly

http://www.tricoproducts.com/Trade/OnlineCatalog

If you want a description of each model HD blade then go here

http://www.tricoproducts.com/Trade/WiperProducts/MoreProducts/HeavyDuty

Wow - thanks for all of the responses! I researched several of the above yesterday which led me to wipers123 because they were cheaper than amazon. Looks like they have every RV listed with the correct trico wiper blade numbers (trico were the original wiper blades on the RV). I noticed they have up to 32" "heavy duty RV wiper blades" although mine takes the "wide saddle" 26" with an adapter kit. They also listed 5 options in 28" and 26" depending on grade or type of wiper you want. Long story short, ordered wipers for the RV as well as both of our vehicles front and rear yesterday with free shipping. I'll keep you posted.

Jeff

If you add your motorhome information to your signature it will make questions much easier to answer for your specific vehicle.

Now come back and tell us about the picture you have posted.

2011 Fleetwood Storm

Isn't that picture cool? I actually got it off of Facebook from a picture feed that I follow. Whoever runs the feed, it specializes in unique vehicle-related pictures (cars, trucks, RV's, motorcycles, scooters, etc.). I love the retro RV & Car pics.

We had the blade inserts replaced on our Bounder at the Fleetwood Motorhome Association Western RAlly by the Fleetwood factory staff - the inserts were $20 for the pair and installation was free. For our cars we buy the Goodyear blades that Costco sells, but their "universal" kit for mounting includes just about every mounting configuration EXCEPT that which Fleetwood uses!

My coach requires 26" blades. Due to the width of the blade that fits in the OEM bracket, all will not fit (Anko did not fit). At Wal Mart, I found Bosch, they did fit.

We had the blade inserts replaced on our Bounder at the Fleetwood Motorhome Association Western RAlly by the Fleetwood factory staff - the inserts were $20 for the pair and installation was free. For our cars we buy the Goodyear blades that Costco sells, but their "universal" kit for mounting includes just about every mounting configuration EXCEPT that which Fleetwood uses!

That sounds like a great deal installed for rubber wiper refill inserts - especially if you had the MH out already and didn't invest extra fuel and time into the trip. I noticed just about every Fleetwood RV under the sun listed on wipers123 fyi.

My coach requires 26" blades. Due to the width of the blade that fits in the OEM bracket, all will not fit (Anko did not fit). At Wal Mart, I found Bosch, they did fit.

I'm assuming that's the "heavy duty wide saddle wiper arm" I mentioned previously. I'll have to keep my eyes open although my wipers are on their way now!

Wow - thanks for all of the responses! I researched several of the above yesterday which led me to wipers123 because they were cheaper than amazon. Looks like they have every RV listed with the correct trico wiper blade numbers (trico were the original wiper blades on the RV). I noticed they have up to 32" "heavy duty RV wiper blades" although mine takes the "wide saddle" 26" with an adapter kit. They also listed 5 options in 28" and 26" depending on grade or type of wiper you want. Long story short, ordered wipers for the RV as well as both of our vehicles front and rear yesterday with free shipping. I'll keep you posted.

Received my wipers Monday and installed them last night. They must have shipped Saturday morning right after I ordered since I received them Monday - great experience. For the Fleetwood, all the needed hardware was included (and there's even extra hardware included apparently for other types of arms). Nice, beefy wipers!! All of the regular wipers fit perfectly too and snapped right on. It was nice to find and replace the rear wipers since none of my local stores carry them. Hey - let's go camping!!

2011 Fleetwood Storm

Isn't that picture cool? I actually got it off of Facebook from a picture feed that I follow. Whoever runs the feed, it specializes in unique vehicle-related pictures (cars, trucks, RV's, motorcycles, scooters, etc.). I love the retro RV & Car pics.

jeff, once you get your new blades, make covers, out of canvas or some other durable material with closures made of velcro you can slip them on from the top and seal up the bottom half with the velcro This will legthen the life of the blades dramaticly.{slip them on like a sock] I also coat the blades with a little "303" , it's a non silicone protectant that's good for many uses.....Jerry

For my Fleetwood Expedition I could not find fun replacement blades. My blade inserts are 25 and 1/2 inches long. I bought 26" inch blades and removed the inserts (which were 25 and 1/2 inches long). Swapping the inserts was a relatively easy job that I did with the wipers in place on the MH.

I have a 2004 Alfa 36fd love the unit, but having time with windshield wipers.

They work but when you turn the wipers off they stop in the open position.

Question-- can the wipers reset via smart wheels?

Is there another way reset wipers?

jprince, Welcome to FMCA !

Is this a new issue with the Wipers ?

The wiper drive assemblies very, but most are made to set the wiper stop position using a spline drive or a friction drive coupling.

The splines can ware, this lets the blade drive arms move out of position. The friction style coupling can become loose and one or both arms will move out of position or fail to work altogether.

You might check and see how your wiper system is set up, then reset there stop position. Should you not be sure how to do this, check with a service center or mechanic to get some help or pointers on how you might reset yours.

Rich.

Yes this is a new issue with the wipers where would the splines be located?

There are 3 possible locations where splines or friction connections are generally used. Two points are at the bell crank assemblies where the wiper arms attach to the front of the coach and the other is as the point where both actuator arms connect to the wiper motor bell crank.

Should the arms now stop at different positions, then check the point where they connect to the post or spline, that each arm is connected.

If the wipers are stopping at about the same location relative to where they stopped before the problem, then you need to check the connection at the motor and drive actuator arm link(s) and connection links. This can be a confusing assembly for one not accustom to mechanical items.

Also. look for any damaged parts, things that just do not look right; or bent in away that does not look quite right. If you have any question about what your are looking at, just get some help from a mechanic you trust.

Always good to get a second pair of eyes on something, then to have to buy or try to find an item(s) that can be hard to find at times.

You can look at this link to see what some of the systems look like.

http://community.fmca.com/topic/4965-windshield-wiper-system-parts-catalog-for-rvs/?hl=%2Bwiper+%2Bparts

Hope this information helps.

Rich.