lylefikse

Shurflo Pump Pulsing

I am reading this post because I have a similar problem. I recently purchased a 2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral the water pump was working great, then I decided to drain and sanitize the water system. After I filled and flushed the system the pump started to act up. It will cycle on and off rapidly at low flow, seems to be OK at high flow, but when I turn the water off the pump will cycle on and off for one or two seconds before it shuts off completely. I noticed an air pocket in the filter at the pump inlet could that be the problem and if so how do I purge the air. The pump is a SHURflo #2088-422-144 2.8GPM with a filter on the inlet side. It appears to be the original pump.

I had an old shurflo pump # SHURflo 4008-101-E65 3.0 Revolution Water Pump that i replaced with a new one form Amazon. The new one pulsed as everyone described herein. I was going to also by a accumultor tank. I did pulse on toilet, did on kitchen faucet, did on shower. I watched a u-tube video explaining how to adjust the pressure regulator on the pump. There is an adjustment allen screw on the back which allowed me to adjust the pressure. I turned on the water in the kitchen where the pulsing was most noticeable, went to the pump, turned the screw counterclockwise 1/4 turn or until the pulsing stopped. you can tell this easily at the motor as it turns on/off/on/off. Now it just runs steady. Tested it on all fixtures hot cold and mixture and its 100%