ROGERCARSON

Faucet In Back Bedroom

We have a lot of running water coming from the hot water side but nothing comes out of cold side. We had a new faucet assy. installed about a month ago, but they were not able to try it out in the shop due to no water hook-ups. We had to leave and thought all was well but getting to our destination and setting up-- same problem.

Thinking the water filter might be bad, and it was, I changed it out but still nothing. We have 2008 Fleetwood Excursion 40 ft. diesel, just bought last Feb. a year ago.

Could the cold water line going into the water filter underneath the coach be stopped up enough to not let any water come out the faucet?

Any reply is welcome.

Thanks

Hi Roger, Welcome to FMCA !

From the heading on your post, it mentions, back bedroom. Do you have water from both the hot and cold at the other faucets ?

With your FIN number of the coach you should be able to get the plumbing information right from Fleetwood.

1-800-322-8216 or visit

www.fleetwoodrv.com

Rich.

Roger,

Welcome to the Forum. There are two Places where you may have a shut off valve. One under the Bathroom sink and another on a manifold. Either one may have rubber seats. The seat on one may have broken loose and is clogging the line. I have heard of this happening on older valves and it may have happened to yours. If you don't have a shut off under the sink I would take the line off the faucet and the maniflod and try to blow it out.

Hope this helps

Herman

i have water at other sink in the kitchen and new faucet in bedroom and can not see a cut-off valve under bathroom sink so I assume the lines are not clogged but will check anyway, also will call Fleetwood about plumbing designs.

Thanks- rich and herman

This sounds similar to a problem I have with my shower. I have hot water but no cold. There appears to be an access panel on the bedroom wall, in the vicinity of the shower's on/off valve. But since I'm new to the RV lifestyle, I'm reluctant to start digging into things. This panel I refer to has four small screws holding it in place. And as I said, it's on the opposite side of the wall, at the approximate height of the shower's water valve. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any input is appreciated.

An RV newbie

bmiller260, remove the screws and take a look inside. If nothing of any use put it back on.

Do you have cold water elsewhere in the coach? If so I would suspect a defective faucet. If you decide to change it yourself pay special attention to the O-rings at the connection on the hose portion, if they are cut or worn replace them. I have found them at Home Depot, a house toilet hose has the same O-ring, you will have to buy the hose and take the O-ring out. I have never been able to locate those loose without buying a hose to take them off of. RV dealers will tell you they have to replace the crimped connection fitting but you really do not have to. Most manufactures have an access panel behind a faucet on the wall for access to replace it or repair it if its wall mounted. Just make sure you turn off the water supply, pump and open your low point drains in the event you need to replace or remove the faucet water hoses.

If anyone knows where to purchase the faucet connection O-rings please post it. I carry a toilet hose from a house just in case I get a water leak, and its happened in the past unexpectedly.

Not everything comes out of HD or Lowe's.  Try ACE or True Value.  I have also found the "O" ring I was looking for at Tractor Supply in Plumbing Dept.

On 4/25/2013 at 5:35 PM, ROGERCARSON said:

We have a lot of running water coming from the hot water side but nothing comes out of cold side. We had a new faucet assy. installed about a month ago, but they were not able to try it out in the shop due to no water hook-ups. We had to leave and thought all was well but getting to our destination and setting up-- same problem.

Thinking the water filter might be bad, and it was, I changed it out but still nothing. We have 2008 Fleetwood Excursion 40 ft. diesel, just bought last Feb. a year ago.

Could the cold water line going into the water filter underneath the coach be stopped up enough to not let any water come out the faucet?

Any reply is welcome.

Thanks

Lets start with basics. I would shut off all the water and take the line loose at the new faucet. Now using an appropriate container turn on the water pump. If you get water out of the line there maybe a plug left in the new faucet or it is clogged up. If you don't get water you can back track. I bet it is a plug left in the new faucet.^_^ Let me know if I was right or wrong.

Bill

Bill.  Logical, and a good reason to have water in your fresh water tank...that way it could have been tested, without an outside water source!

Carl

Wow you guys must be getting cabin fever some body needs to break something complicated then the minds will get back to normal operation.

I hate being stuck in the present. Just got back from supper and several cold beers and had a thought (sometimes it takes inspiration). Try taking your o ring to a hydraulic shop. They should have a large selection to choose from. or I found a selection on Amazon of 225 o rings for under $7.00. Probably cheaper than a new hose. I think I need another beer for all that work.:P

Bill