GaryDon

Hot Water Tank Whistles When Heating Water

Have you tried adjust the air slots? Adjust to all blue flame and then back off until the roaring/whistling stops.

Thanks, I tried that at lunch and it did not stop. I don't think it is the flame that is roaring now, but it is coming from the heater. You can hear it very good inside the motorhome but can't hardly hear it from the outside.

I suggest that you look at the gas regulator on the LP gas tank. Depending on the temperature, air pressure, amount of gas flow or how it is mounted; the regulator may "sing" or " whistle". The sound can follow the solid gas lines causing the actual sound source difficult to locate.

OK Thanks, I will look at that this evening when I get home. We are living in it right now, so you can see why I need to fix it. Thanks again, that makes sense. I know my butane tank is getting low, so the pressure may be low also. Gary Don

As I recall, the seven dwarfs whistled while they worked. Perhaps your water heater was manufactured by dwarfs! :lol:

I have a very loud roaring sound when my hot water heater comes on...it is really loud when standing by it on the outside of the coach.....Is it an adjustment of the flame/air problem? Any info appreciated. Thanks

I have a very loud roaring sound when my hot water heater comes on...it is really loud when standing by it on the outside of the coach.....Is it an adjustment of the flame/air problem? Any info appreciated. Thanks

Adjusting the air inlets by sliding is side to side is sure the place to start. But the other cause may be a defective propane regulator putting out incorrect pressure-- don't rule that out. And that one can also be dangerous! Any issues with the furnace on propane? If both are showing issues, suspect and replace the regulator.

Thanks Brett for your reply.....I have not had an issue with either of the two furnaces on propane....will try adjusting the air inlets and see if I can get the roaring to stop....if not, I will go to a dealer for the propane regulator pressure test....Thanks again

Actually, a brand new propane regulator is likely less expensive than paying someone to check the pressure of an old one-- usually under $25.