lylefikse

Balancing Rings With Sand

Not sure of the name of these things.

Have a trucker friend that said they work but don't last long on a truck. He thinks on a motorhome with less miles going on them they may last a long time.

Has anyone tried these on the duals?

Do they smooth out the ride?

I am ready for new tires and would like info.

We have Wheel Masters which has liquid in the rings. Over 200,000 miles and no problems. We only put them on the front wheels.

Before you add "sand" or anything else to your tires be sure:

1. You are not going to void your tire warranty

2. You get an appropriate filter to prevent particles of the balance material from plugging up your TPM sensor. They are not cheap to replace.

Before you add "sand" or anything else to your tires be sure:

1. You are not going to void your tire warranty

2. You get an appropriate filter to prevent particles of the balance material from plugging up your TPM sensor. They are not cheap to replace.

Nothing is added to the tires. Centramatics go on before the front wheel and between the rear duals.

In regards to Centramatics or Balance Masters (I tried to find "wheel masters" as mr boyer mentioned, but I think these are what he was talking about). I was wondering what others think of them.

In regards to Centramatics or Balance Masters (I tried to find "wheel masters" as mr boyer mentioned, but I think these are what he was talking about). I was wondering what others think of them.

I put Centramatics on all three axles. Only about 600 for the entire coach and I think they help smooth out the ride beyond just balancing the tires.

I also use the balance master system which merely slides unto the axle hubs outside the drums and rotors if equipped. I have had them with a new set of Michelins for 15k . Although I drive at speeds under 65 mph I have not had any shimmy or vibration what so ever.

The balance master system uses a mercury filled outer ring which achieves a dynamic balance for higher speeds from what I have been told. Whatever the case it sure works for me.

JG