mmartel

FMCA Michelin Advantage Program

Great program. I saved a lot of money on tires, but one word of caution - be sure to ask for the tire date codes before making a trip to the tire dealer. Just being told the tires are "new" isn't enough.

When buying new tires what is an acceptable date code? How old should the tires be? Any ideas.

I will except tires no older than 12 months.

dddlin,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

I am not sure "have to" is necessary, but since you will likely replace the tires based on age, not tread wear, you will be giving up a year of tire life on those 4. See if he can order fresher tires.

I just purchased 6 Michelin XRV 225/70R19.5 for my 1998 Southwind 32V. I got them through FMCA's Michelin Advantage program and saved $126 per tire, compared to what the same dealer initially quoted without the program. Thanks, FMCA!

The dealer first said he had tires in stock, but it turned out that they were old. Fortunately, I knew enough (from reading these forums) to ask the age. The dealer ordered new tires for me, and the date code on them was 2113, about 4 months old. That's not bad.

I had printed the FMCA instructions for the tire purchase. That was a good thing, because the dealer was not up to speed on how to do the paperwork. He omitted a couple of items at first, but we got it straightened out over the phone yesterday. I got my invoice by e-mail from FMCA today. We shouldn't have to teach the dealer how to fill out the paperwork, but it looks like that's just what we need to do.