rlm030150

Forest River Motorhomes & RV One Superstores

We recently purchased a Forest River Berkshire Motorhome from RV One Superstores. We purchased it at Orlando RV and picked it up at Buffalo RV. What a disaster. After 9 pages of description and hundreds of pictures we are getting a run around by both parties. The day we picked the coach up a tech told us that the generator did not run. They checked the carb and can't figure it out. That should have been a sign to run away. Since when does a diesel generator have a carb. If you are thinking about purchasing a Forest River Motorhome from RV One Superstores, beware. They have abandoned us and Forest River has done the same. The courts can handle it from here. It you think I am exaggerating just drop me a line and I will forward picturepost-30179-0-66959000-1367889736_thumb.js. BEWARE BEWARE

Welcome to the FMCA forums.

Sorry to hear about your problems but your post brings up a couple of questions.

1. Did you actually go to Orlando RV and look at the coach, make the deal and then have it delivered to Buffalo RV?

2. Why did you take delivery when all systems on a new unit were not working properly?

Welcome to the forum.

Why would you take delivery if it wasn't to your satisfaction. The generator on my coach quit during the last test drive before I handed them a check. I just said "fix it and call me when its is done" That cost the dealer $650.00.

Bill

Surely there must be more to the story. This is like the guy who bought a new motor coach and had it delivered then was asking, “How do I drive it”. Never test drove it or never drove any RV before.

Bill

The more to the story is that Forest River and RV One Superstores sold us a defective product. We have 9 pages of written defects and 300+ MB of pictures on a CD. We are now in negotiations for them to buy the coach back. We were not looking for sympathy here or anywhere else. We were trying to warn the RVer's about the dealer and Manufacturer. We thought the forum was a perfect place to do that.

rim030150,
Don't despair, all of us understand your dilemma. Your are very smart to document everything. In Texas we have the Lemon Law. I am not sure about other states.

At present time with all of the turmoil with Mfgrs. even the factories have no clue what is going to happen with their company and/or job. This does not make for a good situation all around.

We hope you get this resolved and can get back to what we all enjoy, Camping and working on our coaches.

Good Luck and keep us informed on the outcome so we can all learn by your situation.

Herman

The more to the story is that Forest River and RV One Superstores sold us a defective product. We have 9 pages of written defects and 300+ MB of pictures on a CD. We are now in negotiations for them to buy the coach back. We were not looking for sympathy here or anywhere else. We were trying to warn the RVer's about the dealer and Manufacturer. We thought the forum was a perfect place to do that.

Thank you for sharing your story. Right now your circumstance has me feeling a lot better about what I thought was bad dealer service (OK, it really is bad service) on my new Tiffin Allegro. I am really fed up with them but I know I have Tiffin behind me and my issue will be solved with a lot less aggravation than you are dealing with.

Good luck, and hopefully you will find a way to "hit the road" in a coach you will be happy with.

Mike

We had purchased a 2012 390FL - I thought we were the only ones that got a "lemon". First trip out we woke up and our rug was soaked, factory did not install icemaker hose correctly so water was running all night into our slides. Generator Relay needed replacement, Driver Window needed replacement, AC unit needed replacement, Outside Entertainment Radio needed replacement. However I am glad I purchased extended warranty. We have a good dealer and now I am in touch with Forest River and they are picking up our RV as slides don't work due to wood rotting underneath kitchen and living room slides. This could have happened when icemaker mishap or defective wood. How are you able to get them to purchase back? Are you talking to dealer or manufacturer?

I don't know the story and I'm sorry for the issues you are having. I know that in my experience Forest River will stand behind their product 100%. I would love to know who you talked to at FR because it just doesn't sound like them. They have stood behind every issue and paid for all fuel to get it repaired. If you are only dealing with the dealer pm me and I will get you contact info.

I'm working on a similar situation and have had excellent results dealing directly with the factory warranty group. Although we purchased a Coachmen, it's still part of the FR family. We live in MI, purchased the coach in IL, and then spent the winter in FL so we had to deal with a FL dealer who handles Coachmen. Our initial warranty list was relatively small and somewhat basic but grew when it was evident that the local dealer in FL was failing miserably in performing the work to our satisfaction. As a result the warranty list grew to about two dozen items. In frustration, I called the factory who had been providing the parts and approvals to the FL dealer for the repairs and arranged to bring the coach to them for service.

To make a long story short, the final warranty list grew to 4 dozen items after service started the work as they were finding some issues with the factory work as well as some with their supplier's equipment along with the poor workmanship that the FL dealer performed. It is now 6 months later and one year after my purchase and I'm scheduled to pick up the coach next week after the final set of repairs (no, they haven't had the rig that long, as we had a couple of long, mid-summer trips between factory visits).

The Service Department at Coachmen treated us with tremendous respect and went beyond our initial expectations as their testing and inspections found other issues that they "nipped in the bud" so we didn't gave to return at a later date. They also changed some equipment and parts that they felt were necessary. It was also an opportunity for them to use our coach as an educational experience to the factory GM where certain changes might be necessary at the assembly level as the two divisions are separate and whatever warranty group spends for this type of work, the factory must pay for. So it's better to do it correctly the first time.

Hopefully your documentation and dealing directly with the factory will bring you similar success.