CrazyCruzers

50 Amp Extension Cord

We just received our information packet in the mail. On the back of the parking pass there is a statement to the effect that we might need an extension cord to reach the electric service. As noted in an earlier thread, the electric is quite pricey and, having paid for 50A service, I would hate to be parked too far away to hook up.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Would I need a 15' cord, or a 30' cord? My permanent cord reaches about 25' or so.

As a fulltimer, I always carry two 25 foot extension cords. I have found many times the need for both. I was at the convention in Redmond, OR some time back and found that a 50 foot reach was needed. It determines how close you are to the junction box. Hope this helps.

Are we talking about another 50 amp power cord to extend the reach (three spade prongs, one end male and one female ), or heavy guage extention cords with the two spade prongs and a ground ????

Crazy,

Since you paid for 50 amp service you may need an extension cable. A 50 amp extension. Sorry to say but they are not inexpensive. But on the bright side once you have bought one you will be set for a long time.

Good luck and enjoy Gillette.

Herman

I carry a 50 foot 6/4 gauge cable set up for 50 amp and appropriate adapters if I need to use it for 30 amp. It is not needed all the time but when it's needed it is worth it's weight in gold.

I was set up at the fairgrounds in Richfield, WA and was connected with my new 50' cord.

Darned if someone didn't run over the plug and mash it into the ground.

Then darned if it didn't rain and the tire track filled with water causing a bad short.

Anyone want to buy a long piece of rubber with some burned wires ??