jkfilson

Norcold Loses Cooling While Driving

Our Norcold 1201 LRIM refrigerator loses about 1 Degree per hour when we are driving. I've experienced this when on propane, the generator, and the inverter. It typically cools down over night, but then the same thing happens the next day on the road. I did raise the vent cover about 1" to help cool the unit because we were having trouble getting it down to temperature, but I did that long before I started experiencing this current problem.

Any suggestions?

Don't feel bad, I've been jerking around with our piece-o-crap Norcold ever since the recall fix. It sure fixed it, used to work great, now we get temp swings from 33 degrees to 51 degrees. Its back at th dealer right now for the 3rd time. This is the last time. If it doesn't work right after this, I'm yanking it out. The worst part is, it was a great fridge until they did the recall fix. Should have taken my chances and not done the recall fix. ( if it aint broke, don't fix it!!!)

Just a side note, after looking at all the forum posts, I notice the only fridge problems are with Norcold products. I get so frustrated with them, you would think they would make right on these products.

My wife and I both agree, if we ever get another M/H, I would never buy one if it had a Norcold fridge in it!