Sign in to follow this  
DUMBBOY

Fresh Water Holding Tank

2001 Monaco Dynasty - fresh water is going into holding tank and valve is closed.

Could the valve be defective?

Could there be too much pressure?

Is the valve hard to replace?

Hi DumbBoy! I have not gotten into the plumbing on the Monaco Coaches. Sounds like a check valve failed.

I do know that issues with coaches can make me feel very stupid. Just part of owning a coach !!! I eat humble pie more often then I like.

Rich.

DB, Welcome to the Forum. I may not understand your question. Do you mean that the Gray water is getting into the Holding Tank (Black Water)? My 02 Dynasty has two valves one large valve for the holding tank and a smaller valve for the gray water.They are connected by a "Y" fitting to the discharge connection. If you had a leaking valve you would have bad water come out when you remover the cap.

You have two connections in the bay. One is for connecting to the city water and for filling your fresh water tank. the other is for flushing your holding tank. There are no connections from the fresh water to the holding tank.

Just a silly question, did you by some chance connect your hose to the wrong connection and filled your holding tank with fresh water? It can happen, I know, no more needs to be said.

Herman

On my Monaco coach, the water inlet valve must be in the open position to fill the fresh water storage tank. The same valve must be in the closed position to use CG/city water pressure. If you are trying to connect to CG water supply and not fill your storage tank, make sure the inlet valve is fully closed. I hope this helps.

Tim

Dboy,

If when you are connected to CG water and your Fresh Water tank is filling up even though you have the valve in the correct position you have a bad reverse flow check valve bad in your pump. It is a very inexpensive part and easy to replace.

I too am a little puzzled at your wording of fresh water getting into the holding tank when the valve is closed. Although, Herman probably has the correct answer. The check valve that he is referring to should be installed after the water leaves the pump, and some motorhomes have a check valve built into the pump itself. If the check valve is not working correctly, then the pressure of cg water will certainly fill the fresh water holding tank from the reverse end.

Good luck Kay Smith

2001 Monaco Dynasty - fresh water is going into holding tank and valve is closed.

Could the valve be defective?

Could there be too much pressure?

Is the valve hard to replace?

Ok, I have a HR Navigator and from the factory it came plumbed in a manner that is confusing most of our experts. I finally found Rick from the RV water store who came out and and explained it's operation to me. I tracked the plumbing in the owners manual and it currently is the way it was built. I have what I think is the EXACT situation. HOWEVER, that is the way it was plumbed. Here is the deal:

I can ONLY use water out of the fresh water tank. I CANNOT use city water directly. Like you, when I open the valve to the city position, the water goes directly to the fresh tank. There is no plumbing into the system directly from city water. When I worked thorough this after I bought the coach, it was plumbed that way for the following two reasons:

1. The coach has an fancy fresh water filtering system with RO, UV light, and five filters and this configuration means all water entering into the coach goes through the filter/RO system.

2. It allows me to use the fresh water hose as an external "garden hose," I just remove the cap from the hose and turn the water pump on in the tank position and walla, instant garden hose. Fast way to empty the fresh water tank if your nor careful, but it does have some uses.

Down side, when in a campground I need to turn on the city water once a week or so to fill the tank back up. On the positive side it does mean that the water in my fresh tank cycles frequently even when in a fixed location for extended periods.

Good thing or bad thing? I don't really know. It just is and I am use to it now.

Cheers

Leo