vtdave

Good Honest Dealer To Purchase A Used Diesel Pusher

Hi All-----I Wish I Could Tell Everybody Out There That If They Are Buying A Used Or New Motorhome, Please Have It Checked Out!!! (New) Make Sure That Your Dealer Can And WILL Take Care Of Motor Repairs It Seems To Me There Are Alot Of Dealers That Cant Do ANYTHING except Take Your Money. When It Comes Time To Fix Something You Will have to Take It Somewhere Else Are They Going To Care About Your New Home No!

(Used)I Bought A Used Unit Last June From A Dealer In Northern Iowa, I Got To Use It Until The Weather Got Bad Then Put It Away ( It Is A Diesel Pusher Spartan Chassis With A Cummins 350 HP) 52,000.

I Think We Put On About 1500 Miles Before We Put It Away For The Winter, I Drag Race So We Travel The Local Tracks For Weekend Races.
This Year We Took Of For Kentucky To Race Had Some Trouble Codes Come Up On The Dash But Everything Seemed To Be Ok Except The Gen Set Quit Working 700Hrs On It.Got Home Took It To The Cummins Shop To Fix The Gen Set And Check Trouble Codes ( It Run Great Coming Home But Still Would Show Some Wierd Trouble Codes)I Thought That It Had And Exhaust Leak That I Heard On The Way Home.The Exhaust Manifold Had A Crack In It So I Told Them To Fix It Along With The Gen Set Which The Magnet Had Come Loose And Killed The Fan And Wiring. So by The Time They Got Done The Bill Was $9647.06 YES You Read It Right NINE Thousand. So I Picked It Up Thinking This Thing Will Out run My Racecar WRONG Run Way Worse And Leaking Antifreeze, Come On What Did I Just Pay For? So Had To Take it Back Got A Call Today Seems Some Of The Stuff They Replaced Didn't Need To Be Replaced Because Now There Is something Wrong With The Bulk Head On The Fuel Pump? And That Is Going To Be Another $1600.00. The Dealer That I Bought It From Will Not Help With Any Of Because It Is USED And #2 All He Does Is Sell Them He Does Not Have Any Mechanics To Fix Anything It Would all Be Farmed Out, I Feel There Should be A Law With Any Dealer Out There They Sould Be Able To Provde In House Services To Help Keep The Cost Down. I Have A Long List Of Parts That They Replaced If You Would like to Know Contact Me, One Was The Turbo Complete They Said The Waste Gate Was Rusted Up So It Did not Work Right?

I Guess IM Lucky To Have A Good Job So I Can Pay For it.(How Would Someone On A Fixed Income Do It They Couldn't)Well Like I Said Have It Checked Over And Over Before You Buy.

ERNIE 2006

hollywoodsperformance@mchsi.com