Sign in to follow this  
dewat

Simple Brake Controller Question... Hopefully

Well I guess this is a simple question, I just don't know the answer. I'm getting ready to order a brake controller and since my Winnie Vista 35B ('12 Ford F-53 chassis) is already 7-pin prewired, I'm planning on installing the controller myself. Today, I went under the dash and located the existing plug for the controller. The odd thing to me is that the plug only has 4 wires. Does this sound normal? My guess is that things like the lights (stop, turn signal and reverse if applicable) are already wired to the 7-pin plug from the respective harnesses and that the controller dash plug only has the wiring necessary for electric braking. Would this be a correct assumption? Thanks...

Found the answer in case someone stumbles on this while searching. While researching, I went to Tenkosha's site to ensure that the 3035-P was the correct wiring harness and plug for my F53 chassis. well, not only was it the correct harness and plug, but the picture showed a 6-pin plug with only 4 wires attached.