fzeuner

Halogen Bulb Replacements

I have small round spots in my coach equipped with small 12 volt, 10 watt C6 bulbs. i'd like to change them out for LED's. Has anyone found a replacement for them?

I believe you have a G-4 base (small bi-pin socket). You can go to ebay they have a lot of LED lights that will fit. You will need to figure out how many lumens (light output) you are going to need. And the color of the LEDs warm white which I used or cool white. The cool white seemed to give off almost a blue white color. The LED lights are not very costly, a lot less heat than the halogens, and last a lot longer. Hope this helps.

Jim 2006 country coach #31317

I am also interested. We will be attending the Good Sam Rally in Syracuse in less than 2 weeks. We plan on looking there. I cannot see if the indication on the bulb I pulled is C6 or 06. I suspect the C6 is correct. If I find a source there and nothing comes up here I will post back.

Jim, There are many from Hong Kong and China on eBay, although a few are from the USA. Are there any specifically you would recommend?

I first looked at the dimensions of the LED lights, to see if they would fit into my recess fixtures. Then I wanted to get about 150 lumens of light, and then I looked at the kelvin color degree temperature and decided I like the warm white. I think I paid about $2.00

each, bought 24 of them. Installed them all in about a hour. They look and work great.

Jim 2006 country coach #31317

I did purchase them on ebay, I went to my order but I cannot get the product information-- to old. Just go to e-bay put G-4 LED lights and you will see numerous styles and types then go to warm white and that will narrow the selection.

The units I purchased were a flat disc type that fit well and pushed all the light downward.

Hope this helps.

Jim 2006 Country coach #31317

This may be OBE. I just purchased several LED lights for RV from a place in California called M4 LEDs Very good replacements that met expectations. They may have what you may be looking for. They have excellent dimensional info.

The headlights on our 2002 Dynasty Baroness were getting awfully cloudy and didn't look good and were also not working very well. Turns out that the units were actually from a BMW 5 series '96 - '03 and quite expensive to replace, even used. On ebay I found a new after market set of projector headlamp units with LED halo-rings for about half the cost of a single used unit, the swap over was relatively straight forward.

The units appear to be well made and fit quite well after two small tabs were removed (copy the originals) and the wiring for the LEDs was sorted out with the turn indicator and the marker light. The original had 3 wires to the two filament bulb. The black is common and the other two are easy enough to sort out.

The seller is K2 Motor and the model number is BMW E39 96-03. They are located in Walnut California and ship for a reasonable cost, we are in California and shipping was free. They can be reached at info@k2motor.com

I dealt with Daniel 909-839-2992 ext. 112

The headlights on our 2002 Dynasty Baroness were getting awfully cloudy and didn't look good and were also not working very well. Turns out that the units were actually from a BMW 5 series '96 - '03 and quite expensive to replace, even used. On ebay I found a new after market set of projector headlamp units with LED halo-rings for about half the cost of a single used unit, the swap over was relatively straight forward.

The units appear to be well made and fit quite well after two small tabs were removed (copy the originals) and the wiring for the LEDs was sorted out with the turn indicator and the marker light. The original had 3 wires to the two filament bulb. The black is common and the other two are easy enough to sort out.

The seller is K2 Motor and the model number is BMW E39 96-03. They are located in Walnut California and ship for a reasonable cost, we are in California and shipping was free. They can be reached at info@k2motor.com

I dealt with Daniel 909-839-2992 ext. 112

I believe everyone here is talking about Interior G4 ceiling lite bulbs and not headlites??

Also note the "Base/Pin Style" of the LED's. I replaced 16 in my Safari. Two above the bathroom sink were different pin styles. They were "Side Pin Style" where all of the others were "Center Pin" style. I also 2 Scone lights & a over the table light with 3 bulbs (all 40 watt screw in's). Costco sells 40 watt screw in LED's for a reasonable price which I changed to and really like.