Seidel

Side and Rear View Camera

I own a 2012 Winnebago Journey and want to disconnect the side view cameras and just have rear view at all times. When I turn on the turn indicator the camera has no depth perception and its shaded.

I prefer to use my mirrors and the rear view to change lanes.

Anybody know how do this?

Is it even something that can be done?

Seidel,

I would be lost without my side view cameras, the previous coach had only rear camera,the coach I now own has turn cameras, there have been several times when I wanted to change lanes and if it had not been for side cameras I would pulled into someone they are also good at viewing objects when making tight turns.

I use my side mirrors but there has been times where two sets of eyes have paid off. I use my rear camera to observe my toad and tow bars. When I put on my turn signals the camera screen switches to full side view, there is a splitter switch box which gives me the option of full view of either or combination of a split screen for both. I do have rapid heart beat moments when I am in a turn mode and the turn signal does not return to normal and I do not see my toad. I have a friend who told me wanted to do what you want to do and was told by certified RV shop that the system would have to be singled wired from the back up camera to the monitor.

I'm needing just the opposite.

I have factory installed rear and side cameras, when we were in the midwest I had to have the ignition worked on and did not use the cameras until I got back home, the mechanic had disconnected the wires to the side cameras and did not reconnect them, now when I turn the signal on the screen goes snow.

I called the idiot and he said "bring it back in and we will fix it free", when I told him we were in Washington State (2,400 miles), he laughed and said "We'll fix it if you bring it in"

If your monitors are part of your radio, you maybe able to change the settings on the monitor such that it will not display the side mirrors.

Mike

If your monitors are part of your radio, you maybe able to change the settings on the monitor such that it will not display the side mirrors.

Mike

That's the way mine work, the instructions are in the manual. If the mirrors don't work at all, be sure they are plugged in to the back of the radio.

Just another thought here. I also didn't see any advantage to my side cameras over very well thought out mirrors on my Itasca KD40 DP. However, the way we use our coach I decided to have them moved to the middle front and right front pillar area and I have been so impressed with that placement. It's basically for maneuvering at close up but just think about the possibilities? We were in Vancouver BC trying to turn right and a wheelchair bound person was at that intersection and I couldn't see where he had gone until I activated the camera and saw he was eating a sandwich and completely unaware of the problem he was creating. If I'm trying to get out of a tight spot I can put the coach to within 6 inches of a post as I did in Key West. It saved the day.

I also put a top cap mirror on my factory set-up and that has really helped. Hope this helps. DC