Jby0070

Trouble Controlling My RoadTrek

I have a 1997 Roadtrek 190 Popular, on Dodge 3500 one-ton van chassis ---The motorhome conversion is made in Canada. Weighs about 7,500 pounds loaded for a 2-week trip with one skinny driver.

It has a very short 126" wheelbase, so has always been tailheavy, but seems to be harder and harder to keep on the road, at 55-60 mph or more.

Crawling under it, I don't see any anti-sway bars front or rear.... Wonder if it needs them, or just needs new front shocks perhaps.

How does one tell, and/or who can an owner trust to tell him the truth about what is needed?

Jby, Welcome to FMCA, This is a link to a Copy of the owners manual for your unit if you need one.

http://www.roadtrek.com/_Uploads/manuals/Roadtrek_Owners_Manual_1997_All_Models.PDF

This information from page 20 of the manual.

Check the Cargo Carrying Capacity, See the information
attached to the driver door post, inside of the Lower Galley Door.

Have you checked the Weight of the coach with the load you have?

Checking all four corners is the best way, but front and read weights would be better then the full weight to get an idea of your weight distribution

Tire pressure is also a factor and the condition of the shock absorbers.

Rich.

I have also found that tire quality plays a major factor. For example, fiberglass vs. all steel sidewalls. I noticed a huge difference when I replaced my tires with all steel rather than the fiberglass that were on the coach.