rm1953

Shaw Satellite Service In The U.S.

Yes, Shaw did cancel service to the United States effective May 27, 2012 at 11:30. This was called home away from home service. We just had a satellite dish installed and bought Shaw service because we were assured that we could travel anywhere in the U.S. and get service. This was in a letter dated May 28, 2013. We spent $2,000.00 on a dish that we cannot use. I wish there was some way to make Shaw hold up their end of the bargain. To say we are angry and disappointed is an understatement. Does anyone have any ideas about what we can do next?

I have also posted concerns about Shaw on the Tiffin RV forum and some people say they are still getting service in Alabama and Florida. It may be possible that the new satellite signal will not be available in the US but that the signal from the original satellites will continue for some time. I agree that it does not seem right that Shaw sold and continued to sell their equipment even when they must have known that there would be an issue with their service. I don't know if this is something that was put in place by government but that would seem to be the only defense Shaw could have as anything else could be considered false advertising.