Sign in to follow this  
Aychihuahua

Jacks Are Up But Warning Red Light Flashing And Ding Won't Quit.

Jacks are up but warning flashing red light and ding won't quit.

After 1,500 mile trip I am a little addled!

I have been told there is a mercury switch somewhere under the coach, I don't know where to look.

HELP how do i stop this before I go ding-bats!

Check your hydraulic fluid level. It only has to be low by a very small amount for the alarm to sound. Been there; done that.

Al least on my jacks, the "up" sensor is a switch in the hydraulic fluid tank.

Be sure to read your book or information posted on the hydraulic unit to see what "fluid" is required for your system. Mine takes automatic
transmission fluid.

Sam

Welcome to the Forum.

Sam is on the right track.

If your jacks are HWH they do take Transmission fluid. My manual said to lower one jack about 3 inches and add fluid until the warning alarm goes off.

Worked on our last coach when the fluid was low.

Herman

Yes, best advice is to pull your jack system manual (or access it on-line). Start by using the proper fluid and procedure (jacks stowed, etc) to fill to the proper level.

If that does not do it, please give us specific information on exactly what system you have.

Wow !!!, You guys are great!!! Thanks a bunch. I am a complete newbie and I am sure I will be back often.

I bought this 1999 Bounder S36 and did not get the Load of books you guys mention so am learning peacemeal. while I am still here I might as well tell on myself the dumbest thing I have ever done in my 78 yrs. of life....came to CA over the Senora Pass....my heart may start pumping again soon...hopefully!

Aychihuahua (wow)

All of our hearts have fluttered a time or two, don't worry.

One of the thing I do is copy the manual to keep on file. My stack is getting very high, but it help for reference.

Good Luck.

Herman