brandta

Rexhall Electrical Schematics

I am trying to find a source for the coach electrical schematics (Rexhall American Clipper, 2004, Ford F53) which particular attention to all the add-on stuff under the dash. I have the Ford schematics, but they don't help with the added isolators, etc.

The issue I'm trying to fix is that I don't seem to have the "charge" control signal to the battery isolator which is causing the engine battery to discharge when we are on shore power (safety sensors seem to be connected to the engine battery) and the house battery bank isn't being charged by the engine when driving. The issue would seem to be the purple wire connected to the isolator, but I haven't been able to find the other end...heck, might not even be the same color.

Any pointers to schematics would be wonderful, but would happily accept any suggestions on were to look for my missing voltage.

Thank you,

Alan Brandt

Hi Alan,

Information on the Rexall wiring is very hard to come by.

Regarding your battery charging and discharging issues I would look into some manufactures of battery isolators that you could install, just replace the existing set up.

The isolator can have diodes short out internally and then one or the other battery systems Coach 12 volt or Chassis 12 volt will discharge or not charge. Have worked on one system where a internal short in the isolator would allow 12 volts from the coach battery to continue to power the ignition circuit and one had to remove the 12 volt feed to the ignition coil to stop the engine even with the key off.

Rich.

What isolator do you have? It sounds like you may have more than one problem.

I agree. If battery banks are not isolated AND you are on shore power (so that your converter, charger or inverter/charger is charging the house bank), it would also keep the chassis battery charged.

Alan, I posted a link to some information on a Harbor Freight battery isolator. The file has information on different Alternator set ups and the wiring one might find regarding the connections. This is for reference, not that the isolator size is correct for your setup, the size (Current wise) of your isolator maybe different. However many isolators are connected or wired very close to what is pictured in the information.

Hope this link might help.

http://images.harborfreight.com/manuals/93000-93999/93801.pdf

Rich.