Sign in to follow this  
belair375

RV Travel In Montreal, Canada

Several old discussion covered this topic. I don't think too much has changed, the web site references are still good. See: RV Traveling in Canada.

Another is Border Crossing Web Sites. These reference the US and Canada official sites with requirements, documentation, rules and regulations. Taking time to read these sites carefully and being sure you are in compliance will ease your mind about traveling into Canada and returning home to the US. It also works for our friends in Canada working the other way. In both cases, your return to your home country is not an automatic process, you have to have to provide documentation and follow the rules to come back home.

In the latter discussion, there are numerous posts which provide a good deal of advice from a variety of participants.

For more, use the search function at the top right of this page. Search all forums (click on the section that says "This Topic"). I searched for "border crossing" and came up with a three page listing of articles, some were applicable, some were not.

Camp grounds are pretty much the same in both countries except that full hookups are called three way hookups in Canada. Three way hookups are a little less common. Also, 50 amp isn't as common. With cooler temperatures and fewer motor homes, they have more 30A sites than 50A. You can find campground information in the Trailer LIfe Campground Guide which covers Canada as well as the US.

Hope you are travelling with a toad. Montreal is a big city with heavy traffic and I don't think that there are any campgrounds close in.

We tented there with our 15 month old daughter going to Expo 67 46 years ago camping in a corn field. After that it was all RVing.

That being said, it is a fun city escpecially down by the river in Old Montreal. Unlike Quebec City and some of the rural areas one can communicate easily in English. Have a great time.

We were there 4 years ago. Some of the potholes in the streets could hold small cars. While Canada is Bi-lingual Quebec is not. Quebec is French only. We had a very nice campground but decided we will never go back.

We were there 4 years ago. Some of the potholes in the streets could hold small cars. While Canada is Bi-lingual Quebec is not. Quebec is French only. We had a very nice campground but decided we will never go back.

In some parts of Quebec they only speak French but in other parts they do speak English. We have always been able to have a good time there even though we don't speak French. I would not want to try to get around Montreal without a toad.