Sign in to follow this  
MrHwy17

Installing Seat Belts in Motorhome

The family wants the grandkids to have seat belts in the coach. Only has belts for the driver and passenger seats. Anybody have success with installing additional belts where they have not existed before?

Did your coach ever have any lapbelts installed for the couch or dinette seats? Mine had some bolted under the couch. Never knew they were there in mine until I dug under the couch after I bought it. The lapbelts were bolted to the floor/frame.

If you have a built-in dinette you probably have belts under the seats. My coach has 3 belts under the couch if we ever need them. They are bolted through flanges on the couch frame with the bolts that hold the couch to the floor. It is in a slide out so the bolts go all the way through the floor to the outside.

Seat belts can be added by using some sort of lag bolt directly into the floor. Most manufacturers do have these belts available for sale. I just secured a belt for my coach directly from Country Coach. Cost about $35.00

Napa has lap belts also

84 inch belts BK 7303051

72 inch belts BK 7303042

I just ordered 3 more sets and will mount them this weekend

Pay attention to angle of mount and secure mounting

I would be more comfortable with through-bolting the seat belt bolts rather than using lag bolts (assuming you can access that area of the basement/undercarriage.