cadiwa

Centering Steering Wheel

Does anyone know if there is an adjustment to center the steering wheel on my '07 Inspire.

cadiwa,

Welcome to the Forum,

Have you had your coach alignment done recently? If so they may have not aligned the steering wheel after the alignment. Any Truck shop that has the ability the align front ends should be able to center your wheel.

Herman

cadiwa, Welcome to the Forum,

Have you had your coach alingnment done recently? If so they may have not aligned the steering wheel after the alingnment. Any Truck shop that has the ability the align front ends should be able to center your wheel.

Herman

Thanks Herman;

That is exactly what happened. Country Coach did a wheel alignment & didn't center the steering wheel. But I think there is an adjusting bolt on the steering gear assembly to do that. Just wondering if anyone knows exactly where it is .

Wayne

Wayne, don't try to adjust the wheel using the steering box. There is an connecting rod from the drag link and the connecting rod. There is where you can adjust the wheel. However I stand by my commit of returning to the dealer that did the alignment. Sorry but they didn't complete the work and should correct their mistake.

Herman

I agree Herman only problem is I am 1500 miles from Country Coach. Thanks for your interest.

Yes, some steering wheels can be centered by shortening/lengthening the drag link. BUT, that will also change the cut angle, which may require steering stop/steering box cut angle adjustment.

I would call a good RV alignment shop such as Henderson or Precision Frame and Alignment to determine the correct way to do this on YOUR coach.

If the stops are on the spindles and not on the pitman arm, changing the length of the drag link will not affect the cut angle.